Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hobbies

Group fitness at the local YMCA or community center! I have met so many wonderful people this way. They have all different levels from nice and easy, low impact to higher intensity. Great for your body and a fun hobby.

I've started journaling as a hobby. I've been writing cute stories about each of the grandkids, my daughter and her many hair styles, holiday disasters, how I was such a nerd in high school. I'm hoping to make copies for each of the grandkids and my nephews. I guess I started when my mom passed away and I brought home boxes of old photographs but had no stories to go with them: such as how they survived during the dust bowl etc. I wish I knew more about my grandparents, great grandparents, etc. But can't ask them now because they aren't here.

Anyway, its a very inexpensive hobby and so far has been getting positive reviews from the family. You could include stories about where you were when 9/11 happened, where you were when we put a man on the moon etc. Some historical, some fun, some nostalgic. So if interested in writing at all, I highly suggest this hobby. The writing just needs to come from the heart. Write for fun with no need to make it look like a college term paper.

Quote Originally Posted by dkay View Post
    I've started journaling as a hobby. I've been writing cute stories about each of the grandkids, my daughter and her many hair styles, holiday disasters, how I was such a nerd in high school. I'm hoping to make copies for each of the grandkids and my nephews. I guess I started when my mom passed away and I brought home boxes of old photographs but had no stories to go with them: such as how they survived during the dust bowl etc. I wish I knew more about my grandparents, great grandparents, etc. But can't ask them now because they aren't here.

Anyway, its a very inexpensive hobby and so far has been getting positive reviews from the family. You could include stories about where you were when 9/11 happened, where you were when we put a man on the moon etc. Some historical, some fun, some nostalgic. So if interested in writing at all, I highly suggest this hobby. The writing just needs to come from the heart. Write for fun with no need to make it look like a college term paper.
    What a special gift that will be for them! You could even turn it into a blog if you are technically inclined

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.