Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I do not enjoy summer

I do not enjoy summer

Am I the only person that doesn't like summer? When the temp gets over about the mid-70s, I am extremely uncomfortable. I function best between high 50s and mid-60s. Winter is no picnic for me, either, but I just find it easier to cope with. My furnace thermostat is set at 65.

summer heat.jpg

Same here debodun, I use to love summer, and I lived in shorts and halters until my upper twenties. That was when I accuired Sun Poisoning. Now we close up the windows the begining of May, turn on the a/c with a 65 degree setting, and we stay that way until October. Then I open the windows and turn on the attic fan. But I still can't go out into the sun.
    If mother nature doesn't get you, father time will. I'm looking down the road, and it's all uphill.

I prefer hot to cold. The humidity here is worse that the temps. Mostly I start working outside around 7 or 8 am and quit about 2 pm when it's hot and humid. Temps have been in the low 90s for a week or more.
    I came into this world with nothing and I still have most of it.
    Larry

After my trip to and from hell (the UP of Michigan) the first of March reminded me what winter is REALLY like, I'll vote for summer. And after last winter's brutal weather even down here, I'll still vote for summer. It can get mighty uncomfortable, especially now that the a/c in my car died, but I'll take the discomfort of summer over the discomfort of winter. In summer, for one thing, I don't have to don an extra 10 lbs of clothes to go outdoors, and when it gets too hot, I have a/c in the house. And all my clients have a/c.

I prefer hot to cold hate the winter morning 4 30 am a long drive to work over the moors and snow and the dark BEen doing it for 37 years now it gets harder every year.

My favorite seasons are spring and fall. Summer would be great if it just stayed in the 70s with a cool breeze. I could never live in Arizona, Florida or Texas...too hot for me.

I can take hot over cold, but I'm not a fan of hot weather either. Spring and fall are the best. We have had many mild winters that were ok, but not as of late.

For this time of year the average in Orlando,Fl.hi of 94..low of 72 hot and high humidity with local thunderstorms just about every day.. I live on the coast so its a few degrees lower.
    The way I look at it I spend years living in New England with the actual 4 seasons type weather, now in Florida there are generally just 2 seasons,summer and fall like weather.The real hot summers can be 3-4 months long but the rest of the year can be awesome weather.
    Just got my A/C summer monthly bill of $130 which is slightly higher then last year,BUT I make up for it during the 8 months of great weather and hardly no A/C.

You are not alone!! I am always glad when Autumn rolls around. We are lucky in Colorado because we have very low humidity and that makes it waaaaay more tolerable... Summer had been my favorite season when I was young... but anymore anything above 84* just drains me.
    I think people who live in So Arizona are just STRANGE for liking it there in the summer! But to each his own.
    You never hear me complaining about low temps in the winter...but the ice gets me a bit paranoid!

I dislike it if the temperatures go too far above 20C. It is about 22C outside at present and I wish it was a bit cooler.

I love summer for the flowers and produce it produces, but not when its above 80. Fortunately we are not plagued by humidity..Not to say we don't get it, but its rare here. I too love spring and fall..

rosepink.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    My favorite seasons are spring and fall. Summer would be great if it just stayed in the 70s with a cool breeze.
    Amen to that!

To some degree, most of us live year round in 70 degree weather, if we so choose. We move from our A/C/heated homes to our A/C/heated cars to wherever we choose to go, and if it's indoors, it's in the vicinity of 70 degrees there also. It's only when scurrying from one place to another that we're outside of our comfort range. Admittedly, my assumptions are based on being retired. Folks who are still gainfully employed may have to suffer the rigors of extreme temps, whether hot or cold.

I much prefer the cooler weather..........you can always put on another layer of clothes but the neighbours object when I strip off.

I prefer warmth. Here in my area of Scotland it rarely gets above 75F or below freezing. We have been spending the winters on an island in Thailand where the normal temp every day is 30C/86F. That's a bit too hot midday, but there are sea breezes and it also means the sea and pool water are always a perfect temp. I couldn't live in the heat all year long though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.