Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Did You Play Any Sport Games Over The Years?

Does Karate count as a sport? Because I used to teach women's self defense karate style and I won a trophy for Kata (karate moves as a dance movement).
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

I was a Cheerleader, but they didn't call it a sport in my day....Mostly Middle School, cheering for Basketball...Boy's team...At the time, girls only played Basketball at Gym time.....

Played tennis, did gymnastics, Cross Country skiing, ice skating, bowling league.

Competitive Wind Surfing (that's not me btw)
    bigstock-Windsurfer-in-Zakythos-island--46351135-compressor.jpg

Played every sport imaginable as a kid up through high school, probably played some games that weren't even sports at all, lol. It's amazing what a bunch of kids hanging at the park all day will come up with, especially once we discovered pot, lol. Played Baseball and Hockey at the High School level, continued to play in adult hockey leagues and softball leagues into my early 40's. At that point the knees and other joint pain from arthritis took it's toll and I had to stop. Now I love to fish, mostly freshwater.

I played football in high school and also baseball. I was on the basketball team, but I warmed the bench most of the time. I used to run players over trying to get to the basket.
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

I walked and played 18 holes of golf regularly as well as Racquet Ball, Boccee Ball, Pickle Ball and English Darts.

Pai Lum King fu is the one i gave most attention to. Great aerobic exercise involved. In fact, I no longer needed medication to keep my triglyceride levels low.

Basketball, Softball, Bocceeball, Pickleball,Raquetball, Squash,Golf, Watervolleyball

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Basketball, Softball, Bocceeball, Pickleball,Raquetball, Squash,Golf, Watervolleyball
    I used to see senior Italian senior citizens playing Bocceeball, at the Branchbrook Park in Newark NJ. Didn't know what to call it until I looked it up just now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bocce

Must be interesting since they appeared to be extremely concentrated on the game,.

Running, tennis and loved to dance!

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    I covered most of mine in post #28. But I will add that I had two very short lived experiences going out for sports in High School. One was when a friend of mine talked me into going out for swimming with him. Our school didn't have a pool so we had to beg one of the local country clubs to let us use theirs. Their pool wasn't heated and it was winter so even though we were in Florida the pool was colder than a well diggers ass. That's why none of their members were using it. Anyway it turned out I was the slowest swimmer there. In practice I finished dead last every time in everything. The next to the slowest was this little chick that was about 4 foot 11 and weighed about 86 lbs. She always beat me. It was humiliating. Then we got a little bit of a warm spell and some of the hardier country club members decided they wanted to dip their tippy toes in the water in the afternoons. So the manager of the country club told us we would have to move our practices to the mornings before school. So we had to get there at o dark thirty to practice. That's when I quit.

The other time was when I went out for football. I did that for the usual reason I did most things back then. Hoping to impress chicks. I just went to spring practice. Back then you were allowed 20 days of football practice in the spring. Coach wanted me to be a pulling guard. When they called my number, I was supposed to pull deep into the backfield and then lead the blocking for our star running back around the right or left end. I'm as slow as molasses in January. So I would always wind up behind the guy I was supposed to be leading the blocking for. Every single time. And every single time coach would scream at me and tell me I had to be quicker. Anyway I finished out spring practice but I didn't go back in the fall. At our 50 year reunion I learned that our star running back had ballooned out to over 250 lbs after his playing days were over and died of a heart attack in 2012. So I guess I finally got out ahead of him.
    "What we've got here, is failure to communicate."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.