Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Readers versus Posters

Could be grannyjo. Let's see what Susie turns up. Thanks for the input.

Think I have found the answer, Falcon: A rare type of Australian cassowary.
    Please see images of rare Australian cassowaries on reply #32

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I haven't posted much even though I was a big poster on another forum. You might say "prolific poster"

I'm new here and trying to get used to being the little fish in the big pond.
    I am new, however my style is not only to be prolific, hopping from post to post, but long winded because I am a nerd monster. I would say welcome. Find something you agree with, or disagree with and just spell it out. Keep doing that and you will gain the experience to be more sure of your own beliefs. Look into your own past. Isn't that often your best teacher. Won't that offer the best glimpse of yourself as well as the subject you comment on. We love you because you are you. I have to stop now, or my head will blow up and spatter words all over this page. I would get caught in the spatter and would be thinking that, "my head blew up!", just before I fell off the cliff. Later.

Quote Originally Posted by rt3 View Post
    according to the person who invented the terms, Carl Jung, introvert is someone who views the world and the events from their inner core, as a opposed to the extrovert who sees each event as a single independent unit. introverts are not quiet people who sit in corners keeping everything "pinned up" inside as characterized by behavioral psychologists from the 70's (Skinner). Some of the loudest and most outspoken comedians are introverts. Introverts love to "flip the little stars if extrovert" and say "what does that have to do with me", --- neither is good or bad it just is.

most people use the internet to get information and check on something that "suddenly occurred to them". and the particular topic they may be on is just giving them ideas etc.

that's a good thing. some posters (trolls) get a great deal of entertainment out of pushing other peoples buttons. some people have to put a Band-Aid on things and stand them upright because the have been tipped over (see my first paragraph)
    The ideas of Dr. Jung are still in acceptance today. They have been "refined"? into the MMPI. I have the current label of "Campaigner", but in earlier tests I was an Introvert. So alone that I was well into my fifties and unable to look people in the eyes when talking to them unless I was working at my job. Something happened in my life that caused a dramatic shift in my beliefs and my personality. I became calm and serene and was finally able to look people in the eyes. So I went from Introvert to Campaigner. This doesn't mean that Campaigner is better than Introvert. It just means I personally went from a fear based personality to an open personality almost over night. This in no way implies that other Introverts are fear based. This only describes me unless someone reading this identifies with it.

So the MMPI can be wrong about people over time. This would mean that the archetypal forces that influenced my personality at one point became less prominent and new archetypes became active. Or perhaps I was living in the negative side of Introversion and am now living the positive side. This is an idea espoused by Caroline Myss who has written several books dealing with archetypes. One that you might enjoy, if you have not read it already, is "Sacred Contracts". This book says a number of things about archetypes, but also points our that before coming to earth we make a contract with God as to what kind of life we agree to. Myss points out that we all have 12 archetypes that we live through. Four are common to each of us: The inner child, saboteur, prostitute and victim are common to all of us. Then we all have eight that are different for each of us. Myss has a test right on the internet we can take to discover all 12 of our archetypes and get an idea how they influence our lives. You will likely find that your introvert definitely has archetypal roots.

I recently moved and hung up my car keys so my real life peer group shrunk dramatically. I live alone but close to family in a mixed age apartment complex with no immediate neighbors my age or even retired. I seem to lack the 'lonely' gene so am happy with the quiet and serenity that comes with living alone but I'm told that social isolation is not good for one's mental well being. I joined this forum in an effort to expand my social world and meet new people to the extent this can be done in the electronic sense.

I am truly interested in and enjoy reading the thoughts, ideas and viewpoints of others even if they differ from my own. Sometimes I'll chime in, sometimes I won't - depending on my interest in the subject matter or if I feel I can add something of value or interest or if I simply feel like 'talking'. Also, sometimes I feel like chatting, sometimes I don't. Some days, it's nice to just 'listen' and not feel pressure to participate as one would in a real time conversation. I'm neither shy nor am I an introvert but I've never been one who speaks just to create a noise. I know that idle chatter is the grease that keeps the social world moving but I was never good at it.

Quite often, I'll spend hours mulling over something I've seen posted here, weighing pros and cons, researching further and forming opinions of my own fully planning to comment when I'm next on the computer but memory being what it is at my age, I often forget.
    Life is an adventure to those with the courage to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    Susie...........Off topic. Having trouble trying to figure out your avatar picture.

Would you please explain it. Thanx.
    Susie's avatar is obviously a cassowary, mean birds them!
    I am a nutritional overachiever.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaXplant View Post
    Some folks may just not have anything to say on a subject. And some folks aren't just introverts in RL, they're cyber-introverts, as well. Who knows? Maybe they're just too shy to speak up.
    How does one become a cyber-introvert. I get the picture of someone hiding under a rock waiting to devour the comments of
    cyber-extroverts because, its the only way they can survive. The only way to kill the cyber-introvert is by driving a plus sign into the heart of their dialog. I will arm myself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.