Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

What book are you reading at the moment? Are you reading on paper or on an e-reader?

IN my previous posts mentioned book'In Sunlight&Shadows' stories inspired by American painter,Edward Hopper.I enjoyed the book,some of the stories were better than others.

A couple days ago I finished reading'The Bookshop on The Corner' by Jenny Colgan. The story is about a librarian in England who loses her job because of budget cuts. On a whim she goes to a village in Scotland,buys a beat up van,transforms it into a mobile bookshop,goes around to surrounding villages that don't have any bookstores.A delightful book,finished it in 3 days Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Central Coast, New South Wales Australia.
    Finished my book loaned to me by my neighbour and loved it .Steep Ascent .. . story of a Surgeon . just beautiful ..
    A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.
    Leo Buscaglia

Half way through hardcopy of "One Second After" by Forstchen. Kinda dooms day, prepper thing. My older brother recommended it. I'm not a fan but will finish it.

Got two books on the go. One is fiction, a murder mystery, In the Woods by Tana French and the other is non fiction, The Gardens of the British Working Class by Margaret Willes. Both good reads.

I am reading The Returning, by Ann Tatlock. Even though there is some Christian stuff in there, and I am an atheist, I enjoy her novels.

"Where'd You Go, Bernadette" on paper. I do own a Kindle, but lately have been drawn back to reading paper books. For one thing, you can pass them on to someone else after you're done. I resent the fact that you can't do that with the Kindle books.

I'm now reading historian Doris Kearns Goodwin's latest book" Leadership in Turbulent Times'
    She writes about 4 Presidents,Abe Lincoln, Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt and Lyndon Johnson,fascinating Sue

I just started The Leisure Seeker, about an 80-something couple taking a last trip in their old RV. I can hardly put it down; it's touching and funny and real. I feel like I know these characters well.

A movie made from this book starring Helen Mirren and Donald Sutherland is on Amazon Prime Video, so I'll be watching the movie when I finish the book.

"For the times they are a changin'."
    -- Bob Dylan

I love actual books but reading on a Kindle is better for the arthritis in my hands. Currently reading "Flight Behavior" by Barbara Kingsolver

Just finished Michael Korda's book - -"With Wings Like Eagles - A History of the Battle of Britain"

"Michael Korda's brilliant work of history takes the reader back to the summer of 1940, when fewer than three thousand young fighter pilots of the Royal Air Force-often no more than nine hundred on any given day-stood between Hitler and the victory that seemed almost within his grasp.."

Reading a couple of books rights now:
    - Hard copy, re-reading Simon R Green's Hawk & Fisher series
    - Kindle, M.M. Perry's "Of Gods & Mortals" trilogy

I mostly read sci-fi or mysteries.

Dune House Cozy mystery series. Short mystery books by Wendy Meadows. Got hook on this type of book about 3 years ago and read them as soon as the new one comes out.
    A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, there's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

A couple days ago finished reading'Uncommon Type: Some Stories' by Tom Hanks
    Each chapter shows a different model of a typewriter which is used in the stories.Tom is a talented writer
    I'm about to start "The Library Book' by Susan Orlean,about the 1986 public library fire in Los Angeles,spotlight on libraries.
    I've read good reviews of the book,the topic interests me since I love to read Sue

This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I've recently finished a book, and I liked it so much that I can't get into any other book. It's ruined me. I know it's silly, but it's true. I read her first two books, and I liked them, too.

It was An Unwanted Guest, by Shari Lapena. In fiction I mostly like mysteries.
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.