Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

What do you do for exercise? What motivates you to do it?

I'm going to start the 20minute video someday soon...I go to the gym three times a week. ten different weight machines, and 15 minutes on the tread mill.

My motivation is my promise to myself that I only have to stand in front of the tv every morning and move for 10 minutes. Most days that becomes 20 or 30 and I hold a 5 lb weight in each hand and do yoga poses in between.
    However on those days I think I don't want to do it I know I only have to move around for 10 minutes.
    This morning that's how I felt but it ended up 20 minutes of low impact aerobics holding weights. That's usually what happens once I start.
    Then I ate a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

That's why I have my treadmill in front of the TV in the den. It bores me silly do just do it with nothing else going on. So I watch TV while I'm doing it. When the weather is decent, I'll go outside and go on a long walk with my dog.

Had rowing machines various for about thirty years. Now down to three times a week. Tunturi execise bike once a week, and weight training in a very minor way.. Used to run up to five miles a week three times a week and before that tennis and badminton.
    Walking? Not enough!!
    Think positive - you know it makes sense......

I walk every day for cardio and stretch along with Miranda Esmonde-White DVDs for flexibility. I also do tai chi, which has improved my balance and coordination far more than I ever expected. The combination of the three has increased my stamina and strength. The added bonus is that I stopped having any feelings of depression somewhere along the way.

I do tai chi, also, and some yoga. I go for a walk every night, but not as far as I'd like to...serious back problems. After I have back surgery, though, I plan to get out on my bicycle every day. Love riding my bike. It's got a smallish wooden trailer-wagon I can tow behind it for when I do a little shopping.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.