Page 122 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2165

Never thought retirement would be like this

Well I'll be doggoned!

Ye cats! This is equally intriguing, Meanderer. May be the perfect crime?

All about animals...

Cat has finally come out of seclusion and acting almost normal. Eyes look fine. Just a little sniffing. I didn't kill her by waiting it out.

Hummingbird(s) that showed up disappeared. Must have gone on north.

Yesterday at the farm the goats were upset, staring down into the woods below the barn all the time I was sweeping. I couldn't see or hear a thing. Finally a dog down that way started growling, then really loud squeals from some other animal. On the other side of the fence was a beagle shaking the cr@p out of something big (by comparison) and furry. Too far away to tell for sure, but listening to an mp3 file, the squeals were compatible with a rabbit.

Finally the dog just dropped it and sauntered off, too late for the rabbit, fun was over. Rabbits are so rare out there now. More dogs than rabbits.

The dog headed for a hole under my fence, so I spent some time piling logs up over the hole to keep him out. Twenty minutes later I saw a different, larger dog, *inside* the fence in the distance. It headed off up over a hill. Glad the goats are not small breeds. If they would just learn not to run, the dogs wouldn't hurt them.

So... I've *got* to get the fence charge up, and fill in the holes dug underneath. This is a HUGE undertaking with 7000+ feet of fence. Will require chunks of wire panels buried below ground. And then they'll just dig another hole right next to the old one. Probably more productive to figure out a way to restring the hot wire near the ground a little differently. Will do a drive around Saturday and decide the best approach.

Keeps me busy and it's good exercise.

Dang, you do have a lot of work to do! And it's getting "hot" already! Keep plenty of water on hand and work early in the mornings.

Look what appeared on our driveway two times this week!
    IMG_0411.jpg Mikes says it is a rat snake (black snake) and it is harmless. They eat moles, rats, etc. But I don't care, it needs to go away. I watched it sliver into the wooded area at the back of the picture. This ole gal will be stepping high when I have to mow again. Maybe some steel toed boots are in my future! I don't like any kind of snake!
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain...​Dolly Parton

Okay, Meanderer, your creeping me out even more! LOL
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain...​Dolly Parton

Some snakes just aren't to smart.....IMG_2467.JPG
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

It was the last day of possum school and their teacher, Mrs. Ima Snake, was giving a farewell speech.IMG_2466.JPG
    A burrito is a sleeping bag for ground beef.

Hi Moofies, I am only a junior member and just retired. Live in Australia. Although I have a husband my life sounds like yours. My husband is 10 years older than I am and is past working around the place. Spends all his time in his shed with his model aeroplanes. By the way, I live in Australia in Queensland. What sort of work did you do before you retired. I was a medical and legal secretary. I also would love a house filled with animals (have one lovely cat) but want to be free to travel, although husband has lost interest with his heart condition and trouble with travel insurance. I lived in Canada for 6 years 30 years ago in northern BC. Have travelled to USA and Canada so many times since . Hope you have better luck with your workers. I have been lucky. Just had a huge tree cut down and cleaned up. Cost $600.00 though but was dangerous and we have just had a cyclone which caused a lot of damage in our area. I see the tornadoes over there cause worse damage. My son and family live further north and we don't really get along for many reasons so since retirement life has changed dramatically. I suffer from depression so hope you keep busy. Where are you going when you sell. I am also cleaning our cupboards, giving stuff to the op shops. Our weather here is turning into winter which suits me. I don't like the heat. Keep busy.; Exercise is good.

Hi Sheryl! Welcome to the forum. I've sent a note to Moofies, so she will see your message.

Hello Sheryl,

Thanks to Nancy, this is such a good topic.

I live in Melbourne, Australia.

Okay, you guys, enough with the snake photos! It's not helping my phobia about snakes! LOL Pappy, if I dream about snakes tonight, I am gonna have to hunt you down! LOL

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.