Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 2,281 to 2,287 of 2287

Never thought retirement would be like this

It all sounds so horrible! Think I'm gonna hide in the house with my blinds closed. Forget going out to Trader Joe's ...I'll go Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
    It all sounds so horrible! Think I'm gonna hide in the house with my blinds closed. Forget going out to Trader Joe's ...I'll go Tuesday.

I cannot believe all the "hype" the media is making over this eclipse! I think the traffic will be the biggest news maker! We need to mow grass tomorrow, so maybe while the sun is covered, it would be a good time! But since it is not suppose to last too long, we will have to rush! LOL

I have been a "slug" for the past couple of weeks. I hate August because I am sick of summer and the heat and humidity! I am anticipating a change in the season.
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain...​Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemae View Post
    I have been a "slug" for the past couple of weeks. I hate August because I am sick of summer and the heat and humidity! I am anticipating a change in the season.
    Yes, me too. Except for the rain earlier, I can't even blame the weather. Normally I like summer, but it's just been such an unusual spring and summer so far in terms of weird things happening. I really have to snap out of it.

Get that lawn mowed. Put your thumbs down and rev that Honda up to high speed. You have less than 3 minutes to finish tomorrow. LOL

8/19: 1140 calories
    8/20: 1230 ​...."
    Last edited by NancyNGA; Today at 05:55 AM.

Did get a look at the eclipse, just a few minutes ago. It was somewhat awesome. What I liked better was I had a dr's appointment this morning. Absolutely no traffic coming or going, Hit every green light, it was like I was a float in the parade. Everybody outside standing in parking lots, sitting on lawns or the curb. I waved like a candidate for office, I doubt anyone noticed.
    I'm an independent liberal conservative freethinker & I feel I voted for the best candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Roadwarrior View Post
    ...I waved like a candidate for office, I doubt anyone noticed.
    LOL! You have a good sense of humor, RW!

My verdict on the eclipse. It got dark enough so that all the photocell yard lights came on. Cars driving by had their lights on too. Not sure if that was necessary, automatic, or just showing off. But it only lasted maybe a minute, and then it brightened up again. It's amazing how much light a tiny sliver of the sun can put out. Other than that minute, you couldn't tell much difference from a cloudy day.

If I had known how it was going to go off, I'd probably have driven north the 6 miles, maybe even on to Clemson. That was in the center. Could have timed it to get up there and then just turned around and come back, not have to hang around. Maybe next time! Ha! Ha!

One thing I remember now about the '84 eclipse, they had poured a fairly new sidewalk out front of our building, no stains yet. It was a tree lined sidewalk. Either the bugs had bitten holes in the leaves, or else just the gaps between the leaves, behaved like pinhole cameras, and there were thousands of little suns all over the sidewalk. I suppose that would happen every day. I just never noticed it before.

Roadwarrior, you made me laugh! Just got a little dark here but the one thing we did notice was how there was no noise. We have lots of birds making sounds all day long around here along with the crickets. It was total quiet! Oh well, got that done, now on to the next big event, whatever that is!
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain...​Dolly Parton

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.