Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175
Results 2,611 to 2,616 of 2616

Never thought retirement would be like this

The dumpster got picked up, but not replaced yet. They are back, but trimming trees at the rental house on the *other* side, with just a chipper.

My nose has started twitching. Need to go back to decaf.

Ingenuity. Wanted to bring the new self-propelled lawn mower (heavy) in town to see how it does with leaves. It has a mulching blade and rear discharge.

lm2.gif

"Ready to roll.... "

lm3.gif

The problem now is getting it unloaded. It is always easier to move things down, because of gravity, but... Should have brought that heavy duty ladder back too. Hmmm....
    Last edited by NancyNGA; 11-17-2017 at 09:30 AM.

"Want to lie in your hammock and mow the lawn in repose? The Homko Robot mower can be maneuvered by a remote control panel, one lever for forward, stop and reverse, and another for right and left. Since the cord that attaches this brain to the mower is 40 feet long, you can mow 40 feet in any direction without getting up. You get exercise just the same—mental-from trying to keep the thing from cutting its own cord".
    Jim

There is a wall alongside my driveway. I may try this.

Update: Unloading...piece of cake once I found the proper junk (and a 2"x10"x10' ). Never throw anything away. The trick was to sit on the boards and slide down behind it.

The thing even started up on only 2 pulls. Mowed through some leaves and they just disappeared. Not believing this, I jacked it up to see if they were stuck underneath somewhere---nothing!

I love this lawnmower!

Too much dew on the grass to continue mowing right now.

Forget a walk-in closet, next house I buy is going to have a loading dock.

Update 4:45pm: St. Augustine grass in town is really thick and a little too high in places for this mower set on "mulch." If you set it to cut really high, it's fine for picking up leaves that aren't buried.

Didn't bring the bag in town. Doesn't matter, 'cause if I did, I think it would have to be emptied too often. Not my cup of tea. Will try to figure out a way to prop up the big cover over the back just a bit to let the stuff blow on through. There's almost always a way...if you want there to be one.
    Last edited by NancyNGA; 11-17-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Coincidence. Driving home, I got behind an SUV with a bumper sticker that said...

..........I Brake for Lichens

An hour or so later, found my wild azalea bush coming out in bloom. Weather has been unusually warm here. That scrubby looking stuff on some of the branches ... are ... lichens!

"A lichen is a 'sandwich' made of algae in the center and fungus on the outside. ... Lichens are almost always found on weak plants. They are totally harmless and in no way responsible for the poor health of any tree or shrub..."

The Story of Alice Algae and Freddy Fungi

lichen.jpg

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.