Page 187 of 190 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2846

Never thought retirement would be like this

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    The split screen ruined it for me. What the hell is ESPN doing that for? I’ve got a 65 inch tv and it cuts the picture in half. I was rooting for UGA too.
    Pappy, I guess we might have to learn how to transfer what you see online to the TV set. I was watching ESPN too. They had many window options online, but small on my pc monitor. Best part is you could pick either a Georgia or an Alabama radio station commentary. Biased coverage? Just a little. LOL!
    Last edited by NancyNGA; 01-09-2018 at 08:30 PM.

Nancy, just think...the new Season will begin in 9 months! It will be here before you can finish mowing grass for the year! LOL
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain...​Dolly Parton

My body had just got adjusted to 60 degree weather this week and now we are back to the 30's for the high this next week! I'm not liking this! Deep cleaned the two bathrooms upstairs and cleaned the ceiling fan in our bedroom. Lord, it was full of dust. I am short, so I spread an old sheet over the bed and climb in the center of the bed and dust each blade. Kinda makes me feel like a little kid again and want to jump on the bed!
    The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain...​Dolly Parton

Saw this cartoon Nancy, and of course I thought of you.

00228B2F-0EA1-4CBC-849D-280ED36E96FC.jpeg
    My wife was afraid of the dark until she saw me naked. Now she’s afraid of the light.

Glad you didn't bounce off the bed Maggiemae.

I'd have moved the bed out of the way of putting my paint ladder under the ceiling fan to dust it, but that wouldn't be as much fun as standing on the bed and bouncing on it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemae View Post
    My body had just got adjusted to 60 degree weather this week and now we are back to the 30's for the high this next week! I'm not liking this! Deep cleaned the two bathrooms upstairs and cleaned the ceiling fan in our bedroom. Lord, it was full of dust. I am short, so I spread an old sheet over the bed and climb in the center of the bed and dust each blade. Kinda makes me feel like a little kid again and want to jump on the bed!
    I have a mental image of this, Maggie!!

maggiemae: Your fan cleaning reminds me of the time my girlfriend spent the night when we were kids. We jumped on the bed late at night and broke it. It made a loud crash and woke up my parents. We were old enough to know better, maybe 3rd grade.

If she had not been there as a witness I probably wouldn't be alive today.

Jim

Latest experiment...

ftips.jpg

A drop of left over PVC Trim Mounting Adhesive on each finger tip. A little adjustment and filing, and I can finally practice a few chords on this guitar for longer than 5 minutes. Only $5 for a whole tube.

Don't ask me how to get it off. Haven't thought that far ahead.

If that doesn't help, I'll get one of these...

fretbuttons.jpg

The reason I started the thread about memorizing things ......

Found out I *may* have to memorize these diagrams in order to play this guitar. Not going to happen. I've narrowed it down to 16 important ones, and so far I've memorized 2. There has to be a better way....one where you can use reason and logic, or sheet music.

Nancy...may I suggest you download the Wish app and check out all the finger devices available. The prices are excellent but shipping can be a little slow. I buy my stuff through PayPal.
    My wife was afraid of the dark until she saw me naked. Now she’s afraid of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Nancy...may I suggest you download the Wish app and check out all the finger devices available. The prices are excellent but shipping can be a little slow. I buy my stuff through PayPal.
    Pappy, do you play the guitar?!!

Personally, I like sheet music. My mother gave my sister and I piano lessons and I worked better with sheet music but my sister went by memory. I guess whatever you feel comfortable with!

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemae View Post
    Personally, I like sheet music. My mother gave my sister and I piano lessons and I worked better with sheet music but my sister went by memory. I guess whatever you feel comfortable with!
    Me too. Did you play duets? That would be fun, that is, if you like that kind of thing. My girlfriend took lessons for years and she hated it.

I'm convinced this is true....

Btw, remember I told you I needed to get started doing something, anything? This is what I chose. LOL! That's my excuse anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

No, we could never do duets, we kept "elbowing" each other on the piano bench! I would give up and want to be outside! My sister was much more accomplished than me but I could change a bicycle tire better than her! LOL We were as different as night and day!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.