A delicious savory treat, Parmesan Shortbread

I've had this little cookie made by two different women friends. Wow, did I ever enjoy it! So has anyone else I know that's tried these. Hard to stop eating them. I want to make this myself, soon.

Parmesan Shortbread (My friends have been halving this recipe, but I'm pasting-in the full large-scale yield. I'm guessing you could put one of the full recipe's two dough balls in the freezer for thawing and baking at a later time.)

1 lb. Butter
2 1/2 C Flour
1 C Cornstarch
2 C grated or granular Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
Whip butter until soft. Mix flour, cornstarch, and pepper and slowly add (2 Tbs at a time) to the whipped butter.
Add the Parmesan and mix well.
Form dough into 2 equal balls, flatten a bit, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll out, approx 1 hr.
Roll out dough to a thickness of approximately 1/3 inch. Cut circles with a small cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet. Brush with egg white and then sprinkle with sesame seeds. You could also try caraway seed, poppy seed or sea salt.
Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes, but only for 30 minutes if your oven runs hot. You just want the bottoms lightly brown.

I've had this little cookie made by two different women friends. Wow, did I ever enjoy it! So has anyone else I know that's tried these. Hard to stop eating them. I want to make this myself, soon.

Parmesan Shortbread (My friends have been halving this recipe, but I'm pasting-in the full large-scale yield. I'm guessing you could put one of the full recipe's two dough balls in the freezer for thawing and baking at a later time.)

1 lb. Butter
2 1/2 C Flour
1 C Cornstarch
2 C grated or granular Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
Whip butter until soft. Mix flour, cornstarch, and pepper and slowly add (2 Tbs at a time) to the whipped butter.
Add the Parmesan and mix well.
Form dough into 2 equal balls, flatten a bit, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll out, approx 1 hr.
Roll out dough to a thickness of approximately 1/3 inch. Cut circles with a small cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet. Brush with egg white and then sprinkle with sesame seeds. You could also try caraway seed, poppy seed or sea salt.
Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes, but only for 30 minutes if your oven runs hot. You just want the bottoms lightly brown.
This sounds wonderful!

There's only one thing wrong with this recipe .. I wouldn't be able to stop eating them :)

Back