Did you go from being the youngest to the oldest in your family?

When I was 4 or 5, I beat my cousin out as the youngest member of my family. Then came along a bunch of younger cousins. But that was my grandparents family. When they passed, it was my mom & dad's family. When they passed, my older brother was the oldest. Now, I'm the oldest. My 10 years younger brother is next.
Did you go from being the youngest to the oldest in your family?

All my aunts and uncles are all dead, as are my parents and older sister. All my cousins are also gone...leaving just little ole me...I was the youngest of all the kids and now I am the one and only oldest!

I went from being an only child to the youngest child and my sister loves to tell people I'm her "baby sister". I was raised as an only child and didn't find my half siblings until I was 50 years old. Our oldest sister (who they say I look just like) had died several years before I met them. The younger brother lived a distance away, so we never became close. But I became very close with my older sister and brother very quickly. We never use(d) the terms "half-sister or half brother". Both our brothers are gone now.

Back