Do You Have Nicknames For Your Pets?

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
Sometimes I call Deja Little Girl or Little One. I also call her Stretchy because she walks with her hind legs stretched out in back of her when she's going to where I will set her food down. It looks cute and funny. My son calls her Lay About because she lays wherever she pleases (of course) but sometimes it's right in our path. He also calls her Cutie and used to call her Deja the Destroyer. :LOL:😸

Last edited:
Yes, I always have. I call juniper "june the purr" and "purr girl" sometimes. Talia "tally valley" And I still call them kittens even if they will be 13 in April. I can't believe it. They will always be kittens to me.

Edit to add: Brandy in my profile picture was sometimes called shookey because she was a bit high strung, half wild when we got her with no idea what had happened to her and my mother called her 'the one eye.' She had only one eye.

Mine seemed to get nicknamed by the grandchildren mostly.
Our last deceased Labrador, Boo, was always called 'Boo-Boo'
... he liked it.

And repetition continued .... my Lil'Bear .. he's Bear-Bear to them.
A guy in my Senior complex calls Bear "Brother Bear" ... Bear wags his tail to that.. lol

... he liked it.

A guy in my Senior complex calls Bear "Brother Bear" ... Bear wags his tail to that.. lol
I love ‘Boo Boo’ name.
That’s one we use too.

All my dogs had many nick names. Popo was one of my Goldens. I also called her Popee. Popo's real name was Lily. And she had some fancy show name which we never used. Sasha was often called SaSa. I think one of the kids pronounced her name that way. I wish I could remember some of the others.

Popo used to do the "army crawl" on her tummy and the name "stretchy" made me laugh thinking about that. That would have been a good name for her.

... he liked it.

Funny...one of my neighbor's nicknames is Boo Boo, by those close to her. And of course, the term of endearment for a loved one (BF or GF) "my Boo."

For myself, I got the name Boo from the following song, at a time when my husband and I were moving across the country to unknown places.
The song just stayed with me, and when we got a little labrador retriever puppy, he just had to be Boo. :)

Our Amazon parrot was believed to be male when we got “him”, so we came up with the name Fred. A year later “ he” got amorous with my wife and laid an egg. Fred had been Fred for so long we decided to keep the name. Today Fred is about 48 and may outlive both of us. Throughout most of Fred’s life we have also owned cats. The cats have never dared mess with her and steer clear.

My lovely Norwegian elkhound, who passed away, was named Shana (Shay-na). We nicknamed her Moose/Moosie. She was a darling. 💔

RiverWind Norwegian Elkhounds

Back