Ohtani interpreter gambling scandal-the real story?

WhatInThe

The Ohtani interpreter gambling scandal won't die down. Should we take Ohtani at his word he knew nothing or could the interpreter for Ohtani been placing bets for him. The player is a multi millionaire but how does anyone miss/lose track of 5 million dollars?

REPORT: Shohei Ohtani Makes A Very Suspicious Hire Amid Massive Gambling Scandal

They're trying to manage the scandal/pr etc but shouldn't the truth take of itself?

Last edited:
I really want to listen to the "inner innocent child" inside of me and believe that he was totally unaware of everything because he is a one of a kind player and he seems about as close to the real thing as possible in sports these days. However, sadly it will not surprise me to find out that he was a part of the gambling.

I have nothing against legal gambling and those who do gamble but I do have a fear that the gambling industry will change sports forever. If the integrity of any sport is every questioned then that sport will be on the equivalent level as professional wrestling. And yes, i know there have been gambling scandals in the past, many of them , but at the time the industry was not as powerful as it is now. It seems as though Draft Kings sponsors everything right now. And sports journalism is a thing of the past..now that time is devoted on shows and podcasts about the latest spreads and such.

Sorry for the rant.

And if and when the Feds do become involved then the truth will eventually come out.

whast is the truth according to you then??
Ohtani probably knew the guy was gambling and tried to help him out in the beginning with money and/or tips. But who loses track of 5 million dollars. This is before he signed the 700 million dollar contract as well.

Who ever is managing his money probably involved too.

I really want to listen to the "inner innocent child" inside of me and believe that he was totally unaware of everything because he is a one of a kind player and he seems about as close to the real thing as possible in sports these days. However, sadly it will not surprise me to find out that he was a part of the gambling.

I have nothing against legal gambling and those who do gamble but I do have a fear that the gambling industry will change sports forever. If the integrity of any sport is every questioned then that sport will be on the equivalent level as professional wrestling. And yes, i know there have been gambling scandals in the past, many of them , but at the time the industry was not as powerful as it is now. It seems as though Draft Kings sponsors everything right now. And sports journalism is a thing of the past..now that time is devoted on shows and podcasts about the latest spreads and such.

Sorry for the rant.

And if and when the Feds do become involved then the truth will eventually come out.
Already has. Amazing the number of new sports industries invented over the last few years - new golf league, new soccer leagues - that have popped up around the time sports betting became legal.

Back