OK All this weekend it's my gallery/studio show.

Gaer,
bobcat48 said it all and said it well. I can only add that I love your work. Your originality with your paintings stands out, your style is unique. And from what I could see, your carvings are special and unique to you also.... Enjoy your art, your legacy is already established.

My late father who was a banker all his life, developed a love of painting. Over the years he did some amazing seascapes and landscapes of the Colorado mountains where we lived. As he aged and became more talented, he drifted toward doing Indian art. He loved painting Indian pottery and then slowly started doing portraits of Indians. His last painting was of an Indian Chief if full head dress. It turned out really great. He gave it away, as he did most of his work, to a longtime friend. He also made turquoise silver jewelry. I still have some of it as my mom wore a lot of his best pieces. He traveled all over New Mexico and Arizona searching for raw stones with turquoise in them. I miss him and his inspiration. I am blessed to have some of his art and jewelry to remember him by. He was a very special father and I miss him every day.
Oh, How wonderful!! What a beautiful story!

Wow! You expressed exactly what I mean! I paint SOULS! Haven't even touched my capabilities yet, but I WILL!
"Complexity" captures what is needed and I can do this! Thanks so much!

haha! One lady once told me, "If you change that color to turquoise, I'll buy the painting because it will match
my sofa pillows." I didn't even speak. I looked at her for a moment, turned and walked away.

Anyone want to see my past work: Cheryl Gaer Barlow | Flickr
Good call on the lady with the pillows. I will refrain from making any comment on that.
I thoroughly enjoyed the collection of your work. So much so, that I almost burnt my dark chocolate brownies I had forgotten I put in the oven. I rushed downstairs and saved them just in time, so I won't hold that against you.
But seriously, I was so entranced with them all, I honestly don't think I could choose a favorite. If pressed hard, I would probably choose either the lady with the violin because you could see in her face that she was totally In sync with the piece she was playing, or the old man with the hat and fur coat and red scarf gazing into the distance. You could see his heart was still wandering over the many miles of wilderness he had traversed and those visions were still calling to him. Anyway, that was certainly time well spent. Thank you.

Good call on the lady with the pillows. I will refrain from making any comment on that.
I thoroughly enjoyed the collection of your work. So much so, that I almost burnt my dark chocolate brownies I had forgotten I put in the oven. I rushed downstairs and saved them just in time, so I won't hold that against you.
But seriously, I was so entranced with them all, I honestly don't think I could choose a favorite. If pressed hard, I would probably choose either the lady with the violin because you could see in her face that she was totally In sync with the piece she was playing, or the old man with the hat and fur coat and red scarf gazing into the distance. You could see his heart was still wandering over the many miles of wilderness he had traversed and those visions were still calling to him. Anyway, that was certainly time well spent. Thank you.
You Sir, Have the eye of an artist! Thank you.

Your work is absolutely stunning Gaer. I have bought original paintings and prints from Etsy. Not expensive.

How about your own website that people could find through searches?
Thanks Remy! I've decided not to go through Etsy and I have too many other things going on with my writings
and speeches to start a Website right now. But I appreciate your suggestions.

Just posting on here to tell all my friends I had a wonderful three day show.
Well, It stormed and rained all day today but yesterday was great.
I met so many wonderful people, which is great because I'm always in
such solitude. Thank you all for your wonderful comments of my work
and the art show was extremely successful!
great to hear that it went well!!

Back