People Are Willing To Believe Anything

win231

SF VIP
May be a meme of 1 person and text that says 'Scientists have discovered that People will believe anything when you say scientists have discovered it'

I have come to learn over the years that if you were to closely analyze all the things that people believe in general, you would likely find that a good number of them are not true (Science or no science). If they were true, then everyone would agree with everyone else on everything, and even scientists don't do that.

If more people seriously considered the possibility and probability that they may be wrong about what they believe, mankind might make some giant strides forward. At least that's what I believe, but I may be wrong. ;)

People used to be smart. They were doers and they were thinkers. Then one day, someone invented the Smartphone. Look at what happened? Everyone became mindless zombies!

Attachments

• Dumbphone 1.jpg
    Dumbphone 1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Dumbphone 2.jpg
    Dumbphone 2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
I have come to learn over the years that if you were to closely analyze all the things that people believe in general, you would likely find that a good number of them are not true (Science or no science). If they were true, then everyone would agree with everyone else on everything, and even scientists don't do that.

If more people seriously considered the possibility and probability that they may be wrong about what they believe, mankind might make some giant strides forward. At least that's what I believe, but I may be wrong. ;)
Yessir, our problem is not so much what we know, but what we think we know, and are dead wrong about. And, as you suggest, it's not only the stupid or ignorant. It's all of us.

Back