Seniors, Are You Comfortable Being Naked in Front of Others?

A childhood friend told me that one of her grandmothers said it was a sin to even observe your own naked body in the mirror; so this grandmother would cover up the mirror in her bedroom when getting dressed. (Seems weird that a supreme being who created humans and the bodies they inhabit would also decide that even just looking at those same bodies was a sin; senseless.)
Agree, totally numpty... 😊

Honestly, it’s no big deal to me. My mom was raised by a European immigrant who treated nudity as nothing unnatural. We were raised the same way. I didn’t realize how big a deal it was to others until I started going out with girls and women who had been raised with all the “sin” business. I find that once that attitude has been instilled in someone’s brain, it’s almost impossible to change.

Last edited:
I am comfortable. Actually, haven't done it in a long time. But, I think I would be ok with it. Of course at 72, there really isn't anything to look at. Geez, now I got to think what environment would allow me such a unconfined atmosphere and then who would be there... Lol

I returned from a nudist resort recently and people of all ages were naked. From nine years to elderly men. Everyone seemed to enjoy
themselves in the pool on a very hot day. The resort discourages any sexual touching and speech in public. People who do that are not welcome back. Curiously, nudism gives the illusion of intimacy except without physical contact. (Close dancing is the opposite.
There's the illusion of intimacy with much touching and sexual movements, but no nudity.)
What I found curious(if I may discreetly bring it up) is that everyone there I noticed were shaven down under.Is this the trend nowadays? I understand it for girls who wear bikinis. To me, it looks child-like. This is strictly personal and it does not matter to others, but does anyone care to comment?
I'll comment. Regarding the shaving, I've noticed it too. I think you are correct with the younger generation. I understand both male and female seem to adhere to it. I guess being old school 72 now, I prefer the natural. I agree that what few I have seen make me think of child-like. Not using child-like in a derogatory term, but just juvenile...

I was watching a program with the English actor Miriam Margolyes, she said she was the oldest Lesbian in Australia. She visited a nudist colony whilst she was making a movie of her travels in Australia. Well, everyone, all shapes and sizes and ages were having a great time in the pool. She came across a young lady sitting on a bench and asked about why she loved coming here. She said she wasn't ashamed to show off her body, but she was waiting to have a "Designer Vag**a" to make her look more natural "down below". Poor old Miriam was flabbergasted.

Being nude is delightful, and freeing. It's just that in your formative years, you were told it is wrong to be nude. The human race is the only form of life that is ashamed of, or uncomfortable with their body. The only one! Strange!
My body isn't perfect, but then most people's bodies are not perfect. It isn't about being seen or gawking; it's about feeling free and young once again.

Back