So many lost cats on NextDoor

Every day there two or three messages showing a photo of a cat and asking if anyone had lost this cat, or if anyone wants it before it's taken to the shelter.
1) not every cat hanging around is a stray.
2) if it is someone's pet, taking it to a shelter would deprive someone of their cat.
3) why are there so many of this type of message lately?

Every day there two or three messages showing a photo of a cat and asking if anyone had lost this cat, or if anyone wants it before it's taken to the shelter.
1) not every cat hanging around is a stray.
2) if it is someone's pet, taking it to a shelter would deprive someone of their cat.
3) why are there so many of this type of message lately?
...simply probably because they can get attention on social media by posting about it

Pre SM.. anyone noticing a strange cat would ignore it.. now they spot it.. or bring it in and report it as ''found''...

I always assume any cat I see belongs to someone in the neighborhood. I would never presume to take it to a shelter. I wouldn't want someone to do that to any cat I had. It seems some people just don't want cats hanging around their homes. Of course I like cats and welcome them in if they're well behaved (i.e. don't squirt on the furniture). When they want to go back out, they let me know.

Back