The 3 Minute Game for Intimacy

dilettante

The basic gist is this: you touch your partner how they want to be touched for 3 minutes (head scratching, skin stroking, light massage, still pressure etc.), then you let them touch you for 3 minutes how THEY want to touch you (this is what THEY want to experience by touching you, while you communicate your boundaries clearly). Then you switch and do both rounds with YOU as the partner making requests. Touch is non-******* [privates] and non-sexual, but can certainly be sensual. Throughout this process, whether you are the giver or the receiver, you may communicate what you want more of or less of, or how you would like your experience of touch to shift.

The 3 Minute Game helps couples learn how to communicate not only their boundaries but also their desires in a non-threatening, non-sexual context. Participants have the opportunity to drop into mindfulness with themselves and each other. They are able to cultivate some much needed limbic resonance, which is when the limbic part of our brain connects to our partner’s through eye contact, physical touch, laughter and breath, releasing dopamine, norepinephrine and oxytocin (all the good stuff!)

The 3 Minute Game for Intimacy — Mile High Psychotherapy

So couples, is this something you would try? Or do you play this game already?

Singles? Do you find it interesting or would it be more of an annoying burden if you are asked?

you let them touch you for 3 minutes how THEY want to touch you (this is what THEY want to experience by touching you, while you communicate your boundaries clearly...

Singles? Do you find it interesting or would it be more of an annoying burden if you are asked?

As an introvert that feels like someone setting their hand on my arm or leg is a major big deal, that game sounds horrifying. Though if they wanted to give me a back massage (with clothes on), I'd probably be happy with it.

The 3 Minute Game for Intimacy — Mile High Psychotherapy

So couples, is this something you would try? Or do you play this game already?

Sounds like a great idea. I just suggested it to the Spousal Equivalent. First he just looked at me like I had said aliens landed in the kitchen, then he said "after the football game, if it doesn't go into overtime." Then he dozed off.

I think I'll go get the backscratcher and...uh...scratch my back. That's what I really want right now.

i had a pinched nerve in neck ... usually get professional massage to fix ... last Sunday spouse thought he could do it better .......
long story short Monday i had an urgent care clinic visit have a sprained shoulder and shooting pain down my arm ....... on anti inflammatory / muscle relaxers and pain pills .......

i have always rubbed his nasty feet / gave him massages / everything and NEVER once had anything back his attempts often ended poorly as the above incident shows

Just saw this thread...

I think this game would quickly drift into the realm of foreplay if it doesn't actually start there. Not a problem if the ambition of the couple involved is to reach a "happy ending."

Sounds like a great idea. I just suggested it to the Spousal Equivalent. First he just looked at me like I had said aliens landed in the kitchen, then he said "after the football game, if it doesn't go into overtime." Then he dozed off.

I think I'll go get the backscratcher and...uh...scratch my back. That's what I really want right now.
Now that was funny. Well, sort of. I had to think back if I was watching football also.... This does explain why the Amazon driver dropped off a back scratcher and massager for my wife.

Back