The Phoenix Lights Incident - Mass UFO Sighting Over Arizona

OneEyedDiva

SF VIP
This case has fascinated me since I first saw the documentary produced by Dr. Lynn Kitei. On March 13, 1997 thousands of people saw the craft, even Arizona's governor. The UFOs connected to this incident were also seen in Nevada. For those who say if there are UFOs why haven't we seen any. Well this is a great of example of we have!

~A huge mile wide craft was seen by 20,000 witnesses, including actor-pilot Kurt Russell.
~It was said to be flying very low over neighborhoods and it was silent.
~Flares and drones were ruled out for reasons explained in the video.
~Government covered it up, of course.
~There are several more videos about The Phoenix Lights incident.

Last edited:
Yes, this story has good coverage. Oddly though despite so many witnesses (many of them prominent but still spoke out) and good story consistency... it is still played off as flares or a hoax or a made up fantasy even today.

Last edited:
I bought the book as soon as it came out:

"\"The Phoenix Lights: A Skeptics Discovery that We Are Not Alone Paperback – February 7, 2017​

by Lynne D. Kitei M.D. (Author), Gary E. Schwartz Ph.D. (Introduction), & 1 more"
amazon.com

I have been facinated with this incident for years. I believe these people were far from crazy, they did see something that they could not explain.

I also am intrigued by the story of Barney and Betty Hill:
" Interrupted Journey" and the Movie "The UFO Incident" - these were 2 normal intelligent people, who , both under hypnosis, revealed what seemed to be an alien abduction.
www.imdb.com/title/tt0073834
"The UFO Incident: Directed by Richard A. Colla. With James Earl Jones, Estelle Parsons, Barnard Hughes, Dick O'Neill. In the early 1960s, a married couple undergo hypnosis, which unlocks memories of a forgotten event on a lonely road. Soon they believe they were abducted by extraterrestrials."

Yes, this story has good coverage. Oddly though despite so many witnesses (many of them prominent but still spoke out) and good story consistency... it is still played off as flares or a hoax or a made up fantasy even today.
Yes, of course, that's what "they" do. But the flares and other possible alternatives are debunked in the video for what seems to me to be valid reasons.

I bought the book as soon as it came out:

"\"The Phoenix Lights: A Skeptics Discovery that We Are Not Alone Paperback – February 7, 2017​

by Lynne D. Kitei M.D. (Author), Gary E. Schwartz Ph.D. (Introduction), & 1 more"
amazon.com

I have been facinated with this incident for years. I believe these people were far from crazy, they did see something that they could not explain.

I also am intrigued by the story of Barney and Betty Hill:
" Interrupted Journey" and the Movie "The UFO Incident" - these were 2 normal intelligent people, who , both under hypnosis, revealed what seemed to be an alien abduction.
www.imdb.com/title/tt0073834
"The UFO Incident: Directed by Richard A. Colla. With James Earl Jones, Estelle Parsons, Barnard Hughes, Dick O'Neill. In the early 1960s, a married couple undergo hypnosis, which unlocks memories of a forgotten event on a lonely road. Soon they believe they were abducted by extraterrestrials."
A few months ago, my son and I watched the documentary about Betty & Barney Hill, which I think was on Amazon Prime. I also saw the movie a long time ago. I said this in another thread. I think with the climate regarding interracial marriage at the time, they would not have been looking to shine a spotlight on themselves. Also they were stable, intelligent (as the article pointed out), well respected people in their community.

Last edited:
I lived in the Phoenix area at the time of the incident and was actually outside that evening but unfortunately I didn't see it. I was taking a class in Scottsdale that night. There was virtually no press coverage of the incident on the Phoenix news stations until the story went national in June of that year. All was not lost though, as I attended the 50th anniversary of the Roswell crash in July, 1997. It was very fascinating.

I forgot to mention that I was lying in bed when I took the above photo. Apparently is was sunlight being reflected from something on to the ceiling of my bedroom. LOL However, on a serious note, I did see a UFO when I was on a ship at sea in the southwest Pacific back in 1967.

I forgot to mention that I was lying in bed when I took the above photo. Apparently is was sunlight being reflected from something on to the ceiling of my bedroom. LOL However, on a serious note, I did see a UFO when I was on a ship at sea in the southwest Pacific back in 1967.
That's a funny pattern for the sun to make on your ceiling Os. Care to tell us more about the sighting you had when you were on the ship? Was it in the sky or did it come out of the water? Did any of your shipmates see it?

Was it in the sky or did it come out of the water? Did any of your shipmates see it?

It appeared to pop straight up out of the Sea into the sky at a distance of at least two miles from the ship. This was at the ship's 10:30 or at 315 degrees. The Sun was low as it was late in the afternoon and visibility was excellent. The object moved off in a 10:30 direction but not at high speed. I do not know if anyone else spotted the UFO, I did not report it.

I like to listen to people's accounts of their sightings but it irritates me that a lot of the UFOs shown on TV shows, especially those from South America, are clearly balloons.

If UFOs are to be taken seriously, those types of video evidence need to be strained out of the mix.

I've been out walking after dark and run upon people nattering and pointing at things in the sky. They were so obviously airplanes that it wasn't funny. I stopped for a bit in case I was missing something. Nope.

I've seen the same in northwoods campgrounds where people gawked in amazement as obvious satellite transits.

People need to get out more.

Back