The Unsolved Death of Edgar Allan Poe

Poe was found unconscious on a Baltimore street, allegedly wearing someone else's clothes. I have visited his grave along with his wife Virginia Clemm, whom he married when she was only 13. Toured his home in Philadelphia. A Master of suspense to put it mildly.

It was never suggested that he was murdered though.

I read years ago that Poe was forever begging money from his uncle and, when denied, became churlish and back biting, that he was paranoid --forever retaliating against some insult.

I read Edgar Allen Poe's writings growing up. The Pit and the Pendulum, The Mask of the Read Death, the Telltale Heart, etc.

I was once meeting with accounts in the Detroit area with one of my sales reps. She booked me in a replica of the Edgar Allen Poe House (in NYC) that is located on the grounds of the Dearborn Hotel. It was very comfortable but had replicas of all the original furniture, so it was dark and creepy. So, I spent a couple of nights in the "Poe House". :ROFLMAO:

We recently watched The Fall of the House of Usher on one of the streaming channels. It is based on the book. It is, of course, a horror series but it was excellent!

I don’t know much about Poe’s life, but I did enjoy his writings. My seventh grade English teacher must have liked him too. We talked about him and his writings quite a bit and had to write a short story about either his life or one of his writings. That’s how I knew he went to West Point, but did not know why he left.

Back