Today is Vietnam Veterans Day

March 29, 2024 commemorates these in country Vietnam Veterans, many -if not most -who have disabilities from the long term consequences of Agent Orange, and so many who have died since the war was over, with catastrophic losses of limb, gun shot wound residuals, well hidden EN bombs, and all the devastation of the battlefield, to include PTSD.

I cannot THANK YOU ALL enough! You changed the lives of my family and I will never forget your service.

My husband, Vietnam USMC 65-66 died of VA health care (FTCA/1151) and then I proved his death, due to proven VA malpractice, was solely due to his exposure to Agent Orange. Dead at age 47.

Perhaps my Bill S 221 ( which passed the Senate unanimously 2 years ago ), will get to the House this year. It will save lives.

Vietnam gave us many Lessons Learned, and your sacrifices were never in vain!

I am deeply grateful for all of you as well as for any man or woman who serves, or has served, in the Military, for our GREAT country!

2,709, 918 men and approximately 11,000 women served in theatre, Vietnam. Eight of these women are on the Wall in Washington DC, included with these totals:

"The Vietnam Veterans Memorial was dedicated on November 10, 1982, with 57,939 names. Since then, 379 names have been added, for a total of 58,318 (as of Memorial Day 2017). "
Frequently Asked Questions - Vietnam Veterans Memorial (U.S. National Park Service)

I am sure there have been more inclusions since.

I took my family to the Wall the day after the dedication and the DC mall was still filled with Veterans, and civilians, visiting this incredible memorial.

Also the Moving Wall , where my husband learned that his commander had NOT died in Vietnam, , after being put onto a medi vac helo-with several GSWs,
is available here:
2024 The Wall That Heals Tour Schedule - Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund

I have seen it 3 times in NYS.

Thank you all !!!!!!!!!!!!

A very good web site to honor, understand, and help our Viet Nam veterans.

VWVD24_HomePg-1236x465.png
Vietnam Veterans of America

Some very good reading from their monthly magazine also...
hrthtrh.JPG
The VVA Veteran | Vietnam Veterans of America

Just to add:
"NEW YORK -- Tens of thousands of Vietnam War veterans today formed the biggest parade in the city's history, marching down Broadway's 'Route of Heroes' in a lavish ticker-tape 'welcome home' that was 10 years late.

About 25,000 veterans crossed the Brooklyn Bridge about 10:30 a.m. and marched down Broadway through the heart of city's financial district in their 'It's Time' parade."

Tens of thousands of Vietnam War veterans today formed... - UPI Archives

My husband was one of them ( May 7,1985)and he was interviewed by the Trenton Times Newspaper.
He was asked if he thought the Nation would begin to become be more appreciative of our Vietnam vets, and he said- "I hope so! But time will tell."
We got engaged that November.

Thanks for the mention of Vietnam Veterans of America. I was one of their first Associate members.

Why? We already have a Veterans Day. As a Vietnam Veteran myself I don't feel any more special than any other Veterans. I'm perfectly happy being lumped in with all the other Veterans on the original Veteran's Day.

You bet they should not be lumped. Many protested the war, even throwing their medals away.

It all started in 1967, with six Vietnam veterans marching together in a peace demonstration. Now, fifty-seven years later, VVAW is still going strong-- continuing its fight for peace, justice, and the rights of all veterans.

Explore these pages; see what we've done, what we do, and why we do it. The struggle continues, perhaps these days more than ever. VVAW has never stopped working to protect the welfare of those who served their country.

Vietnam Veterans Against the War

It just doesn't seem right to me that Vietnam Vets should get 2 days while other Vets from WW2, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. only get one.

Those photos bring back so many memories to me-and we saw the Moving Wall in Bath NY a few months before my husband died.
Thanks for posting this!

There is new documentary on the Vietnam War done by these Vietnam vets:

“Truths and Myths About the Vietnam War”​

March 15, 2024

“Truths and Myths About the Vietnam War,” a new documentary film with an introduction by actor Sam Elliott, has been posted on the landing page of the Atlanta Vietnam Veterans Business Association (AVVBA) website - www.avvba.org.
According to the AVVBA, this film is one that captures the information and lessons learned most Vietnam War Veterans want reported about the war.
Produced by the AVVBA Foundation and Emmy award winning film producer David Naglieri, it features Medal of Honor recipient Patrick H. Brady – and seven historians including five of the six who were featured on the Fox Nation documentary, “The Unauthorized History of the Vietnam War” which was moderated by Bret Baier.
Viewers may link to the 47 minute film through the AVVBA website or copy and paste the following link into your web browser:
About the author:
Atlanta Vietnam Veterans Business Association"

Web site:

( This is a free documentary to watch and I sure want to see it. There were many myths and untruths about the war and , as I mentioned in this thread somewhere, there are still Lessons being learned from the wonderful men and women who served there).

Back