What's on your travel bucket list

My opinion only, but I like seeing more taxiway markings than is on this airfield. I will say the chatter between the traffic controllers and the pilots gets my blood rolling. If you listen carefully, you can hear the pilots were cautioned with high wind gusts on take off. The pilots were prepared and Comfortable with the takeoff. Beautiful takeoff.

The last two years I have completed my bucket list and saw everything that I wanted to in Europe. I have been there 6 times, went on 6 cruises and have been to most of the states and many national parks. I will still take vacations but I am lucky that I have seen the places I really wanted to.

No money to go travelling. But if I had money, I would got to Vienna, Austria and visit all those gorgeous cafes they have there.
Vienna is beautiful and if you find the cash, go! There are some excellent restaurants at reasonable prices. We've been there a few times and there are still things to see. Might be back this year.

Here are a couple of pics for you..

Haus des Meeres. An aquarium / zoo built in a renovated WW2 flak tower. Restaurant on top floor has great views.
Haus-des-Meeres.jpg
The Great hall in the Belvedere palace

greathall.jpg

The Belvedere Palace was gorgeous! Everywhere I have been in Europe has had beautiful churches, palaces, etc. Nothing in the states compares to the old architecture of Europe.

I don't really have a travel bucket list because I'm already getting up there in years. However, last Christmas, my son surprised my wife and me with tickets to Chile! He knew it was one of our dream destinations and had already booked an itinerary with https://gowithguide.com/chile for the first week of June. I think he was afraid that we might get lost somewhere since I am not good at navigating, and it's also our first time traveling south, so we will be needing a companion. I hope everything goes as planned.

Traveling to a new home but not going to happen; I'm afraid my next stop will be either a nursing home or the morgue.
I so wish you could make that move you've been wanting to make for years Officer! Maybe one day.

This is a fantasy list of places I would have liked to travel since I have no intention of flying.
~Belize
~New Zealand
~Africa
~Aruba or another nice Caribbean island

Perhaps I could cruise to the last one(s). I'd love to take a seven day cruise with my son this time. I enjoyed my only cruise to Bermuda with family members. I've never had the desire tp gp tp Europe, even after seeing pictures of different locations.

I've just booked tickets for a trip to Norway after Easter. I can fly directly from my local airport with the Norwegian regional airline, Wideroe . Although it's part of the EU, Norway still uses its own currency NOK — Norwegian Krone.

Norway isn't a part of the EU, but they observe (and frequently pass) EU laws. They didn't join because they'd have to give up their fishing and oil rights.

But speaking of Norway, why not take a pleasurable cruise like the ancestors?

Norway isn't a part of the EU, but they observe (and frequently pass) EU laws. They didn't join because they'd have to give up their fishing and oil rights.

But speaking of Norway, why not take a pleasurable cruise like the ancestors?
You're correct, not in the EU, but EEA (European economic area). As for the cruise that would be fine if you didn't have to row :eek:
but cruises along the fjords are obscenely expensive.

Ireland -- for the scenery and possibly some ancestry
Australia -- for the scenery
Paris -- for the SIAL food show (much bigger than the Montreal one)
A return to New Orleans. I was there one month before Katrina and fell absolutely in luv with the place, despite nearly melting in the heat.
A possible return to London -- 1.5 days was not enough to see anything

But not ready to step back on a plane yet. ✈️

Back