Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Here From North GA

New Here From North GA

I have to admit, I have been "lurking" on here for a few months! So shoot me! LOL I was a bookkeeper in the commercial construction business and just recently retired. My DH retired last year as a Travel Center Manager after a light stroke which resulted in a surgery. But he is fine now. I decided to retire the end of April because I was just tired of working! And I have not looked back one day! I have gotten a lot of inspiration from reading so many of your posts.

Hey there, Maggiemae and welcome from the beautiful coast of Maine.

Welcome from Oregon. I had to look up what DH means. I assume that's your husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Welcome from Oregon. I had to look up what DH means. I assume that's your husband.
    Yes Phoenix, that is my husband of 47 years! I lived in Oregon for a few years in high school...Dallas, OR

Hi and welcome from Ohio!

Thanks. Up by Salem. I live in the southernish part of Oregon Coast Range. How does GA compare? 47 years is a long time with one person. I've had three husbands in that amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Thanks. Up by Salem. I live in the southernish part of Oregon Coast Range. How does GA compare? 47 years is a long time with one person. I've had three husbands in that amount of time.
    I grew up in Mississippi and we moved to OR. The coast line there is MUCH different from the gulf coast. I liked all the "rock" features but did not care for the cold waters. But I remember having fun looking for the glass bulbs (forgot what they called them) that would come from the fishing boats. I cannot imagine three husbands....to hard to "train" a new one ever so often! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemae View Post
    I grew up in Mississippi and we moved to OR. The coast line there is MUCH different from the gulf coast. I liked all the "rock" features but did not care for the cold waters. But I remember having fun looking for the glass bulbs (forgot what they called them) that would come from the fishing boats. I cannot imagine three husbands....to hard to "train" a new one ever so often! LOL
    Yes, the water is cold in the ocean here, the rocky coastline is wonderful. Did you ever make it to Shore Acres out from Coos Bay? It's spectacular when stormy. The waves crash into sandstone layers angled up from an earthquake three hundred years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhWsPf6TdgM

The glass bulbs were from the nets of the Japanese fishing boats. They no longer use them.

My first two were untrainable. I had to throw them back. The one I've been with for 25years didn't need training.

Phoenix, that was a beautiful film! I remember going to a spot called "Haystack".? Yes, now I remember the bulbs came from the Japanese fishing boats. Thanks for giving me those memories!

Welcome to the forum maggiemae! (I'm from Georgia too )

Aloha and Welcome from the Big Island of Hawaii!

Hi and welcome from Scotland, maggiemae. I hope you enjoy it here. If you have been lurking, you should have a good idea of what we get up to!

Welcome from Scotland, Maggiemae! Before I moved here I lived just north of you in Knoxville.

Another warm welcome from N.E. Scotland.
    We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.