Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have you ever been to any large family reunions?

I went to one, on my husband's side, years ago. I didn't know anyone (the few folks I did know from his side of the family weren't there.) I have a large family and we have get togethers all the time, and that often feels like a reunion lol!

I have been thinking of organizing one. I have family in California, Texas, Alabama, Florida. But when Ron and I get married we're going to invite EVERYONE and that may well end up being the reunion instead.
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

Just this last weekend, a surprise birthday party for my daughter In Poughkeepsie, NY. About 35 folks came.

AFF1589B-A118-4512-B11A-46C6D4157332.jpg

6BF04985-25CC-4678-B62A-9730A41DC8C8.jpg

DC654AE7-CEBB-4264-9B40-81803D0DB048.jpg
    Moses had the first tablet that could connect to the cloud.

Our last big family reunion with cousins was in '98 at Genessee Country Museum which is near Rochester,NY
    We haven't had one since my mom's generation has passed away.Some of my cousins live in NYS,VT,California
    The last time I saw my VT cousins was in '15,they came to Buffalo for a cousins memorial service
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Just this last weekend, a surprise birthday party for my daughter In Poughkeepsie, NY. About 35 folks came.

AFF1589B-A118-4512-B11A-46C6D4157332.jpg

6BF04985-25CC-4678-B62A-9730A41DC8C8.jpg

DC654AE7-CEBB-4264-9B40-81803D0DB048.jpg
    Hi Pappy,thanks for sharing pictures,nice family Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Great Family Pics Pappy....you're looking very well !!

Quote Originally Posted by hollydolly View Post
    Great Family Pics Pappy....you're looking very well !!
    Outside a few age spots and turkey neck, I’m going okay. Would you believe my daughters 60 years old. Love her dearly.
    Moses had the first tablet that could connect to the cloud.

You're joking..????.she looks half that age... I can tell where she gets her young looks from

Northeast PA. Live near the NASCAR track, with deer, bears, rabbits. On an always growing lawn.
    When I was a kid, my grandparents had six living children, so they and their families spent the holidays at my grandparents home. After my grandparents passed, the holidays were spent at one of my aunts'/uncles' homes. But most of my aunt's/uncles kids-my cousins began to drift away to other parts of the country. So now, instead of a house full of relatives, it's just mom/dad , one or two kids. It's kind of strange, when there was all kinds of siblings and cousins, each one might have been crazy as a bed bug, but they were accepted as "family". Today, the families are much smaller, but I'm not sure there is the same level of acceptance as in the old days of huge families.

For some reason I thought I’d posted in this thread but I was wrong.
    YES we have had a big family reunion and our last was at Christmas time.
    My sister in law planned the entire thing and we met at a Mandarin which is a fancy restaurant franchise that caters to many different cultures. It was a reservation for 19 or 20 and everyone showed up.
    It was a really good time. We talked, exchanged pictures, stories, and some gifts, then took more pictures to save and share for another get together.

Generally speaking I usually dislike these types of social activities but last Christmas was extra special for us all.
    This was on my husbands side.

Nice pictures Pappy

Went to them all untill divorse then I did not go anymore, guess I did not enjoy them or I would have gone. Funerals replaced the family reunions as we all got together for a dinner after the services. If you didn't show up for the funeral the standing joke was, ''He is probably in jail or dead.'' I think I was the only one ever in jail and I never told anyone and it was in another state. (Kentucky Derby) Sometime if I find a post about Thanksgiving Dinner Family Fights I have a good one.
    MY LEGS HAVE ALWAYS HELD ME UP, MY ARMS ALWAYS BY MY SIDE, MY FINGERS I COULD ALWAYS COUNT ON.

Northeast PA. Live near the NASCAR track, with deer, bears, rabbits. On an always growing lawn.
    norman said, " Funerals replaced the family reunions". That's how it was in my family. We got together for funerals, which became our family reunions. I remember one topic of conversation that cropped up, at these "new' reunions, was a critique of the funeral homes-which had better service, etc. I guess when we ran out of relatives, there wasn't a reason to have a huge family reunion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.