Hide Your Identity to the Internet

Hide Your Identity to the Internet

Your IP gives a great deal of personal information about you to
    the world at large. Check - https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Opera is a browser almost identical to Google Chrome, it is hard to see
    a difference. The screen layout and general features are similar and even
    extensions etc. can be installed from the Google Chrome web store.

Opera offers a FREE VPN, which is shown on the screen as an icon and can be
    selected to ON or OFF with one click.

This hides your real IP identity to the entire Internet, so no more stealing your IP by
    any site, including Google, who detest and obstruct VPN's for obvious reasons in their quest for
    recording all kinds of personal data and browsing habits.

I have Opera as my standby browser.

Mike.
    A Scot Living in Croydon.

More good advice..thanks.

LOL-my IP has never been accurate as to my actual location. It has never even been in the correct state. When I used to have my internet with HughesNet (they were called Directway back then) and I had issues,they would tell me that it wasn`t surprising,given that there was a blizzard in Baltimore that day. I would ask them why that would matter and they would say "Look out your winter.What is the weather like?" Ummm,it`s 80 degrees,sunny and calm. I was across the country from Baltimore.

My IP shows I am 1 hr and 45 min (83 miles) from where I actually am.

ALONE NOW....TAKING IT DAY BY DAY!! RIP BABY...

Sometimes I get a different location depending a website I came from. Alot of providers have reroute internet service just like they did phone calls 30 years ago-first available server. Just doing a speed test with my provider sends me to a different state sometimes.

Unfortunately, anything resembling privacy is pretty much history...since the advent of the Internet, and the Social Media sites, virtually anything an individual does can be discovered. While it's true that some of the superficial data can be blocked, there are any number of web sites that can utilized to find out almost anything about almost anyone. There are several "people finder" sites which can be used to find data on anyone...quite often for as little as a dollar. Unless a person lives pretty much "off the grid", their personal and private information is out their waiting to be found.
    Things get better with age....I'm approaching Magnificent.

Well if you use apps such as Maps and want to find the best route to another place, you pretty well have to give your location.

I use car, bike, bus to go from one location to another. The directions are fantastic.

I opened a savings account on line yesterday and it asked me questions to verify if it was really me. One of the questions was the color of my truck, where I lived 15 years ago and a few others that kind of threw me. Everyone knows everything about all of us. I am convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by fmdog44 View Post
    I opened a savings account on line yesterday and it asked me questions to verify if it was really me. One of the questions was the color of my truck, where I lived 15 years ago and a few others that kind of threw me. Everyone knows everything about all of us. I am convinced.
    I'm pretty sure those were just security questions, ones only you would know the answer to. It another step over your password, to verify that it's really you. They don't know the color of your truck or where you lived 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by fmdog44 View Post
    My bank uses a similar system but nothing says that you have to give them truthful answers to the questions when you set them up.

Tell them your truck is pink, you lived in an orphanage, etc...

All that matters is that you remember the answers that you provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    My bank uses a similar system but nothing says that you have to give them truthful answers to the questions when you set them up.

Tell them your truck is pink, you lived in an orphanage, etc...

All that matters is that you remember the answers that you provided.
    Yes! that's why I write down all those crazy question answers in a "little black book"

I make up all kinds of crazy stuff...I got locked out of my bank account not too long ago and found it hilarious that they had all those answers in their "little black book"

Turns out it was sticky keys....but I got a good laugh...I'm sure they did too.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. e. e. cummings

Australians have a tax file number ( if you worked) Medicare number which is linked to your tax file number as well as Centrelink ( welfare system) all of which require your banking details ,what sort of car you drive ,your home address and if you rent or own your home so the only thing that’s private is the brand of toilet paper you use ..but there again that’s scanned when you buy it and I use a points system card called fly buys when

buying groceries and essentials so the government more than likely knows what brand you use as well ......so what’s private now days ..nothing IMO

you cant go out anywhere without
    being recorded on a video of some sort it could be a neighbours home security or shopping centre / road cameras

Major shopping centres have facial recognition security cameras ,road cameras have the technology to see you from up to a km away to spot of your using a mobile phone while driving , the cameras can also detect if your car is registered and insured
    if you get a speeding or red light camera fine, all recorded on line with a photo of your car .

If I wanted to buy a used car I could pay $30 and look up,the history of that car including the previous owners name
    if the car had ever been involved in an accident ect and if it had any finance owing on it

I recently had my DNA done and as I have very little knowledge about my father ,my neighbour was able to find an old court case on line that involved my father and my uncle way back in 1946 it was rather trivial apparently my uncle had stolen my fathers cloths ..but it’s right there on the net from 73 years ago ..I would have been a few months old at the time

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.