12 gauge double barrel handgun.

Gary O'

Can’t imagine

My 12 ga sawed off pump is punishment enough, no matter the load

Pretty, though

I would like to fire one

Tommy

Makes my wrist hurt just looking at it! It appears that the shooter might be able to get all of two fingers around that grip.

:eek1:

MeAgain

Snubs are better for me although long range I prefer the long barrels.

Don't go to gun club anymore or practice here either. Living in the woods we need protection. Already had a few people walk up on me in the woods, once time in Georgia I was very glad I was armed and knew how to use it. I was clearing some weeds and here come 3 men with rifles on my property. My dog warned me of them.

win231

It's a muzzle loader & it's Black Powder. That's why it's legal to own. Not much recoil because you can't fire modern high-power loads in it. It's an unusual conversation piece, novelty item with very little purpose.

Don M.

I have a pistol that is a real handful....a S&W 029 44 Mag with the 10 5/8" barrel. I had to replace the original Walnut grips with rubber Hoag grips, as just a couple of rounds would really punish my hands. With that long barrel, it is accurate out to 200 yards. A few years ago, I went deer hunting with it, and took down a nice doe.....with the 240 grain hollow point, it was like she got hit by a bus....threw her sideways several feet.

win231

I have a pistol that is a real handful....a S&W 029 44 Mag with the 10 5/8" barrel. I had to replace the original Walnut grips with rubber Hoag grips, as just a couple of rounds would really punish my hands. With that long barrel, it is accurate out to 200 yards. A few years ago, I went deer hunting with it, and took down a nice doe.....with the 240 grain hollow point, it was like she got hit by a bus....threw her sideways several feet.
Well, the Mod. 29 won't seem like much of a handful after you try a 500 Mag. After one 80 round range session with mine, my hands were numb & I had trouble gripping the steering wheel to drive home.

win231

I switched to it as my main 'go to' after years of cleaning the semi autos...and dealing with jambs
If you want a semi auto that doesn't jam, it has to be a modern design - like Glock, Sigarms, CZ, Beretta. The 1911 design dates back to 1905 & it was high tech....for 1905. It has over 52 parts & everything has to be fitted just right to function reliably. Today's semi autos use MIM (Metal Injection Molding) instead of machining from bar stock to cut down on manufacturing costs & such cheaper parts are not as reliable.

If you want a 1911 that is reliable, it will have to be a Wilson or Les Baer - with a price of $3,800.00. They are hand fitted but with a price tag to match. A Glock (for example) has half as many parts as a 1911 & the open design allows dirt & firing residue to escape with each shot. Total reliability for around $650.00. That's why they are standard issue with the FBI & 85% of police departments. My 6 Glocks have over 18,000 rounds without a malfunction.

jerry old

redneck, but brainy
Ammo is just as important as weapon. See Don M Post 10-it is not the size of the round, its the speed and size of the round.

12 gu handgun, they've been around for years. I'm not sure what there for; the uglier they are, the more there desired.
Smith and Webly 45 (Brit pistol from WW I, is the one I like to have.)

To start hold pistol at waist level, one hand on pistol, one hand bracing wrist.
'
'shoot your eye out'

Liberty

Any comments on "the Judge"? Hub was thinking about buying one. We just sited in the 250-3000 long gun - metal jackets - wow, what a racket.

Liberty

I started out shooting a 410 shotgun and graduated up to a 12 gauge automatic. I came home a few nights with a sore shoulder.
Got a sweet little 410 you'd probably love...lol!