12 gauge double barrel handgun.

Wow, I didn't know that JB. You are a wealth of historical information. The .250-3000 Savage makes me feels so close to my dad. Even though he always said the .22 was the most accurate long gun, the Savage was his favorite. He was an NRA rifle champion, and didn't care much for handguns.

Those old Savage 99's have a lot of history. The .250-3000 99 Svage was a favorite of the famous explorer Roy Chapman Andrews. He was an avid hunter and traveled the world, he used it for almost every game animal he encountered. It was a very popular cartridge in the 20's and 30's. I have a pretty decent collection of vintage books on rifle, hunting, and shooting. The quality of writing exceeds anything published today. It still seems fresh even though it was written almost a 100 years ago.

I have a string of bear traps leading to my bedroom and a mini gun set at 4,000 RPM bolted to the foot board.

Back in 1987, I had the Remington Custom Gun Shop build me a Remington 700 Custom Grade III in .300 H&H Magnum. The stock is highly figured claro walnut, rosewood fore end and grip cap, 32 lines/inch hand cut checkering, engraved receiver and my name engraved on the rear of the barrel...the best of everything. It was hand built by a John Remington and came with a stack of paperwork. It's a work of art. I was making a lot of money back then and this was a present to myself...and a family heirloom, I guess.
Nice. Hope your kids appreciate a quality piece like that!

Not to many people would wanna shoot that thing. I'd flinch in anticipation of the recoil and blow my own head off.

6" barrels.....this thing is going to hurt at both ends. :)

Article below pic.

diablo-nickel-rose_1-282.jpg

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/diablo-american-gun-craft/
That is a pretty weapon.

Back