13-year-old shot and killed by police

They should arrest the parents for allowing their 13 y/o son to be out at 2:30 in the morning.

As far as the cop, he was probably justified. The kid was armed and suddenly spun around with his hands in front of him, which could have looked like he was preparing to shoot. The cop didn't know the kid had thrown away the gun. He only had a split second to process the information. While the kid did put his hands above his head, he should have done that without spinning around.

Another suspect who failed to comply. The cop approached him a fired less than a second after he saw the gun. I don't think this was negligent. It all happened very quickley. And the cops were responding to a shots fired called after midnight. Anyone roaming around after midnight with a gun is going to be considered armed and dangerous.

Last edited:
The officer is going to be receiving counseling. This kid was a member of a gang. I read from a government report that since COVID took over controlling our lives, schools being closed, parents failing to return to work, our kids social and intellectual levels have declined.

Almost 100 cops have been killed already this year. I would imagine with all that has happened in a year, cops could be on edge and not taking any chances as they shouldn’t.

Here in Pennsylvania, state police have been told to be hyper vigilant when approaching the driver during even a routine vehicle stop. We always knew what the possibility may be when approaching the driver, but in today’s society, cops have to hope for the best, but plan for the worse.

They should arrest the parents for allowing their 13 y/o son to be out at 2:30 in the morning.

As far as the cop, he was probably justified. The kid was armed and suddenly spun around with his hands in front of him, which could have looked like he was preparing to shoot. The cop didn't know the kid had thrown away the gun. He only had a split second to process the information. While the kid did put his hands above his head, he should have done that without spinning around.
Um.......how about fleeing?

Watched the video which is tragic because of the timing. Looks as though the suspect was shot just as he threw the gun down and turned with his hands raised. It's all happening very fast. Since the officer was responding to a 911 call of shots fired around 2 AM in a gang stronghold, I can understand the adrenaline and fear, especially since right until a split second before the fatal shot, Adam Toledo did have a gun.

There are plenty of incidences of over aggressive police action resulting in death (outright murder imo in some cases), but this one is understandable given the circumstances.

Last edited:
Just about every time a victim attempted to run away, cop shot them in the back.

Did you watch the video? The kid was running with a gun and in within a millisecond or so, threw it down and spun around with his hands up and was shot facing the officer. No one chasing him would have time to process all that within so short a time frame at night. No way to know that he wasn't spinning around to shoot.

Wonder if the kid's older companion might have given
the gun to the kid right after the earlier shooting?? That
happens more than you may think, the older guy does
not catch a case for being armed that way........just sayin....

Wonder if the kid's older companion might have given
the gun to the kid right after the earlier shooting?? That
happens more than you may think, the older guy does
not catch a case for being armed that way........just sayin....

No. Adam Toledo had gunpowder residue on his right hand. Edited to say that I've read older gang members will force the younger ones to commit crimes since the older ones would be tried as adults and the younger as juveniles. Dunno if that was the situation with these two or not.

Last edited:
The boy had just commited an assalt on a woman. He was not shot in the back. He was a gang menber. He had a gun.
He was with a felon at 3:00 AM, and they were shooting randomly at vehicles.
The police has to make a split second decision of kill or be killed.
The officer immediatly ran to the boy and tried to revive him and called for help.
When will the public stop demonizing and criminalizing police while criminals are martyrs.
This is NOT "police violence and misconduct" as the Chicago mayor said.

Last edited:
Chicago mayor is talking to the media about an open police investigation involving the police shooting death of a 13 year old. I have plenty more I could say about this but have been blasted for being brutally honest about Lori Lightfoot before so I will stop right here.

Chicago mayor is talking to the media about an open police investigation involving the police shooting death of a 13 year old. I have plenty more I could say about this but have been blasted for being brutally honest about Lori Lightfoot before so I will stop right here.
I would very much like to read your opinion. If we can't write our opinion, free speech is dead.

I rule in favour of the officer.

As far as I'm concerned, police should be going out 8 days a week to hunt down and dispatch gang members.

I'm in favor of the officer in this situation based on the video. But as for police dispatching gang members ...umm, no. Unless they're in a threatening situation as this officer was, they are not judge, jury and executioner under rule of law.

I'm in favor of the officer in this situation based on the video. But as for police dispatching gang members ...umm, no. Unless they're in a threatening situation as this officer was, they are not judge, jury and executioner under rule of law.
I agree that no one should ever be granted the right to be judge, jury, and executioner, but knowing how callous gang members are, I have zero tolerance for them, and so I could easily accept a much harder stance on gangs (in general), much harder.

How many decades ago was it, when a cop shouted 'Halt,' he meant halt?

how bad was this killing?
How would you like these two fellas bumping into you, at 3a.m.?

If these two guys were doing all these bad things-blowing their asses up is okay (sorry it was the youngest of the pair, but then...)

Here's what can go wrong with a routine traffic stop. I think I may have posted this sometime back.

In 1988, I was doing speed checks on the Pennsylvania Turnpike using a radar gun. I stopped a Mercedes doing 88 mph in a 70 mph zone. Before I approached the car, I ran the tag and found that the car was reported stolen from New York City just 15 hours prior to my stop. Evidently, the driver was a very inexperienced car thief. Most car thieves will swap the tag with another vehicle to help prevent detection of a stolen vehicle.

Before I approached the driver who was still sitting in the vehicle, I called for a backup and waited. The other Trooper and myself agreed that I would take the driver's window and he would take the passenger's window. When we got to the car, the other Trooper yelled, "GUN! GUN! GUN!
I drew my weapon and stuck it in the driver's face. The other Trooper flung open the rear door and yelled "DROP THE GUN! DROP THE GUN!"

There was another person kneeling on the back seat floor with a gun waiting for me to approach the vehicle. What his intentions were can only be imagined. It left me a bit shaken as to what may have happened had I not followed our protocol for what we must do when we stop a known stolen vehicle.

That's just one story that can and does take place with some of these types when making a routine stop.

The boy had just commited an assalt on a woman. He was not shot in the back. He was a gang menber. He had a gun.
He was with a felon at 3:00 AM, and they were shooting randomly at vehicles.
The police has to make a split second decision of kill or be killed.
The officer immediatly ran to the boy and tried to revive him and called for help.
When will the public stop demonizing and criminalizing police while criminals are martyrs.
This is NOT "police violence and misconduct" as the Chicago mayor said.
It's not the public at large that is demonizing and criminalizing police. It's more the media and special interest groups who're promoting the idea, often in the face of elected officials who're part of the group or too weak, timid or insecure to stand up for the police.

Back