Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Bananas

Yes-We-have-no-Bananas.jpeg

Can Cows Eat Bananas?

"Most people are surprised to learn that cows enjoy foods other than grass, hay, corn, or grain. Like us, cows enjoy a range of foods and are always excited to eat something different. Cattle owners have been known to feed their cows an array of vegetables and fruit, including bananas."

"Do cows eat bananas? Yes!"

"Cows eat bananas and it is healthy for them! Bananas contain nutrients that cows can benefit from and they add extra calories to a cow’s normal diet. Bananas can be fed as a treat or in batches as a portion of their daily food regimen, but only in moderation."
banana-being-feed-to-cow.jpg.webp

AMAZING BUT TRUE THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH BANANA PEELS (AND BANANAS):
  • Thanks to its oil, rubbing the inside of a banana peel on a mosquito bite (or other bug bite) or on poison ivy will help keep it from itching and getting inflamed.
  • If you rub the inside of a banana peel on a scrape or burn, it will help the pain go away, keep the swelling down, and keep the wound from getting infected.
  • If you rub the inside of a small piece of banana peel on a wart every night (or tape a piece of peel over the wart), the potassium in the peel can make the wart disappear in one to two weeks.
  • If you tape a banana peel over a splinter, the enzymes help the splinter work its way out of your skin (and also heal the wound).
  • To whiten teeth naturally, rub the inside of a banana peel on your teeth for about two minutes every night. If you gargle with salt water, this will heighten the effect. Expect results in about two weeks. It works because of the effect of the potassium, magnesium, and manganese in the banana peel.
  • Bananas make great conditioner that helps restore dry, damaged hair. Mash a banana and add a tablespoon of heavy cream and a tablespoon of honey to the mixture. Then apply it to dry hair, cover your hair with a shower cap, and then wrap your head in a warm towel. Leave it on for up to an hour and then rinse thoroughly with warm water before shampooing.
  • Rubbing a banana peel on your forehead can help cure a headache.
  • Bananas and banana peels make great fertilizer (you can compost them, bury them whole, or cut them in small pieces and mix them with garden soil) because of their phosphorous and potassium content. Roses especially like them.
  • Rubbing the inside of a banana peel on houseplant leaves makes the leaves shiny.
  • You can use the inside of a banana peel to clean and polish leather shoes.
  • Banana peels also make a good silver polish—just rub silver with the inside of a peel and then buff with a cloth
    bananas-close-up.jpg

Maybe many of you know of this.......but i tried doing this only a couple of months ago.
I hate eating bananas once they start getting their spots......i like them less ripe, with just a tinge of green still.
So......once they've ripened to my liking, i put them in the fridge, on a tea towel, the coldness almost stops them from ripening any further.
The skins go dark, but doesn't affect the banana inside the skin. I eat at least two bananas a day.....so this way, i can buy 6 days worth at a time.

Back