Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Bananas

My Uncle was a conductor in Southern California in the 1920's and 1930's. Banana vendors at some stations would board the train and walk through the cars selling them. He was in a car one day when the vendor walked through and had a women who had never seen one before. So my Uncle bought one for her. Later in the day when he came back through that car, he asked her what she thought of the banana.
She told him that the cobb was the best part of it.

Remember my mom telling me when she was a child she and her father (who was a professor) used to make up baskets for the poor families in the mountains. She used to go with him to give them out for Christmas and she said she'd never forget one little boy trying to eat a banana without peeling it. Imagine not ever having seen a banana before, he didn't know you needed to peel it first.

iu

I read the first page of this topic, which, at a page a day, will take me about 2 weeks to go through;
that is, provided it is not added to in the meantime, by others including me . :ROFLMAO:

I will venture forward to add my 2 banana facts, now, while I am not yet knowing if someone else has added the same informative tidbits, before me. ;)

If so, then all of you who have already read the previous pages know both the facts and that they are already posted;
therefore, do not read any further in this post of mine. :)

1) You can put whole bananas, (with skin intact) in the freezer, and later sometime, use them directly into a banana bread recipe!

2) Eating fresh bananas while green-ish, is binding, wait too long till brown spots are numerous, and the same banana becomes softening. Perhaps many of you already have discovered that "interesting" fact, unique amongst fruits or foods, that are usually one way or the other.

It might be especially helpful to know this, if you need one of those 2 effects. If not, then try to eat it when it is perfectly in the middle in between!

Back