2021 - How's the Weather Where You Are

We got about an inch of heavy, wet slush overnight. Hard to shovel - it sticks to the blade. I walked over to the library this morning and it seemed mild for this time of year - it's just above freezing right now. More snow predicted for tomorrow afternoon.

We got about an inch of heavy, wet slush overnight. Hard to shovel - it sticks to the blade. I walked over to the library this morning and it seemed mild for this time of year - it's just above freezing right now. More snow predicted for tomorrow afternoon.
In my neck of the woods we appear to be all over the map these days. One day in the past week with our wind chill (we get a lot of that here) we registered at -34 C. On this same day, I peeked at the readings for Juneau, Alaska (seeing I visited there in 2018) and they registered at 0 C. Two days ago, I spoke with my daughter residing in Toronto (who'd been complaining it was -4 C) and informed her how balmy it was on this day at -8 C with little wind. I can still hear her laughter! I do believe that I am slightly acclimatized to residing in the Canadian Prairies.

The weather here is absurd. One day it's freezing, the next day it's up in the high 40s. We got about 10' of snow, then 2 extreme rainstorms that washed it all away. One day there's black ice on the roads, the next day people are jogging in shorts. It's been very rare to even catch a glimpse of the sun...gray, gloomy days. They've always said that if you want to see the weather change, go to New England and wait a bit...but this is nuts!

It doesn't really feel like winter here,but I'm not complaining
We've only had 30 inches of snow so far{below normal} hasn't been bone chilling cold e.g temps in the teens,or a major snowstorm knock wood.I'm hoping for another mild/warm winter like last yr
Today its another cloudy day temps in the mid 30's

Weather our way...the way I see it from living here the past ten years, there is no point in worrying about it at all, as it will always come, and sometimes with a vengeance! I don't mind the snow (coming from la belle Province de Quebec I am used to snow). It's the wind that blows me literally away as on those days I walk about with a ski pole in hand. I am a small person after all!

If we have a mild spell in the winter as we are in now, it is upsetting to our bones and I am sure that the animals, especially the horses, get frustrated. Personally I would rather have a consistent temperature instead of the fluctuating temperatures.

Also, the Prairies need the moisture of the winter months, for the crops. We are always ready for the winter in the Prairies: clothes, gear-wise, piles of horse blankets, etc., to say nothing of the humongous thousand-pound hay bales that are piled up!

We are having fabulous weather these past days hovering around -1 or so with wind, of course in lieu of -20s or so and also with that darn wind. I don't know what to wear early morn anymore and the horses are frustrated too with their natural Winter coats on and all. My bones don't like it one bit with the weather changing from one extreme to another.

Back