2022 flowers & garden

Around here, Loblolly pine trees grow wild everywhere. I love their long needles! It's my favorite tree!

I had one, that I used to call Piney. A few years ago a wind storm snapped it off at it's base. It's so unusual for that to happen to a pine tree! I was heartbroken! Since then, twice I have tried to replace it...but neither of them survived. 😢

Well, earlier this week, we stopped along the side of the road and I found a 3 foot tall Loblolly pine. I dug in up, and replanted in my yard.

So now, I have a new Piney! I'm so excited!
emoticon
emoticon

IMG_20220201_102817_kindlephoto-75798172.jpg

I have a large gardens.. and my back garden wraps around the house, so I have several different areas , all with mature trees and shrubs ,which I've grown myself where I have a Barn, a shed, a lawned area, etc...

Here's one side of my garden..with the hydrangeas.....and with the lavender pots. This is quite a few years old..I've since removed a few things including the bird bath and replaced it in with a white one in the borders....and the Pergola at the back is now a shed...but I like this pic a lot, it's one of my favourites..

garden-hydrangeas-HD.jpg

Everything is sleeping, outdoors here, for the coldest part of winter. (December through March) :sleep::sleep::sleep::D
Even so,
there are the dark brown silhouettes of the bare tree branches, against the sky, to enjoy,
and in the garden area, close to my window, there are the bare reddish branches of the clumps of Autumn Joy Sedum, which look great poking up out of the snowcover on the ground.
In addition, with each fresh snowfall, those Sedum branches look prettily decorated, with a small clump of white snow, on top of each reddish-brown dry branch cluster.

Evergreen trees are the only green, out there, during the long winter's nap for most of our region's plants. Love those extremely tall Pines! 🌲🌲🌲❄️⛄

I don't have snowdrops, but have seen them in pictures!
I'll have a few crocus, coming in April, and some daffodils, and some (similar flowers) narcissus clumps, early on. And tulips.
tulips don't come here until the daffodils have died back... most of my flowers are in Pots..I'm not very greenfingered when it comes to flowers, I'm much better at growing shrubs and plants.

In my garden I have several different types of shrubs, and herbs.. a Bay tree.. a Rosemary bush,...I have a Laurel hedge which is 16 feet high... and several Choisya shrubs which flower little white flowers from Spring through to Autumn...

I've got several ferns, and Morning glory which blooms in the borders under the Cyprus hedging ...on the other side of the rear garden I have a 100 foot hedge of Red Robin Forsythia...

Last edited:
I have a large gardens.. and my back garden wraps around the house, so I have several different areas , all with mature trees and shrubs ,which I've grown myself where I have a Barn, a shed, a lawned area, etc...

Here's one side of my garden..with the hydrangeas.....and with the lavender pots. This is quite a few years old..I've since removed a few things including the bird bath and replaced it in with a white one in the borders....and the Pergola at the back is now a shed...but I like this pic a lot, it's one of my favourites..

garden-hydrangeas-HD.jpg
It's an awesome pix!

Back