48 Year Old Unsolved Murder of NYPD MOF Robert Bolden

Another wonderful addition to the forum!

Thank you for this, Fast!

I know that area quite well. Pretty much at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge. I think in the late 50's or early 60's The Daily News exposed a bunch of 84 PCT MOF's cooping there on mids. Had photos of the RMP's and everything. Strangely enough before 1PP NYPD IAD had an office there.

Last edited:
Was Bolden in a police uniform at the time?

The news article never mentioned not only that but the description of the perps and other pertinent facts attached to this case. Also the timeline just doesn't seem to add up. I never saw any cop in NYC ever walk out of a PCT in uniform when going on or off duty. Street Crime units and the division detectives are in plain clothes all the time. I'm not sure about the captain, You very rarely see them anyway. Also the 84 PCT is quite a ways from this bar.

If he was being set up the guy in the phone booth wouldn't need to wait for him to walk away. He could have shot him right there when he was talking to him. Everybody in NYC knows that 99% of the cops wear their off duty weapons in ankle holsters. Do you know just how long it takes to realize that you are going to get shot then reach down, pull your pants leg up, unsnap your ankle holster, pull your gun out, rise back up then shoot somebody? This guy could have polished off a beer watching this sequence of motions. Lord knows I could never understand why they do that.

Another strange event was the song the bartender sang about being so drunk when his friend got shot yet he fell asleep. The most puzzling question was why didn't the perp shoot him too. If you shoot one person kill everybody there. Never leave a living witness. Well maybe $115,000 large will be an excellent incentive for somebody who really knows what really went on there to serve up the perp. Time will tell.

Thanks! :) I do wonder what radio motor patrol is, also how did they go from 3100 Spring St. to 1PP? :unsure:

NYPD built 1PP then abandoned 3100 Spring Street. They actually printed a fantastic paper aptly called Spring 3100 back in the day when the job was real . Wooden nightsticks, tough looking RMPS, sirens had motors and lights were glass. TPF ruled the streets. Do you want to actually hear NYPD in real time?

Back