A Month Driving Around Sicily

[FONT=&quot]I had completely forgotten our trip to Sicily in the summer of 2012, although it was only six years ago my memories were few, but the other day looking through the hundreds of photos we took have brought back a lot of lovely memories.

I hadn't seen much of the country apart from the Godfather movies and travel shows, but to experience it directly was amazing,................ the heat......... the scents of flowers everywhere and the abundance of nature as well as the stunning valley of the temples which we walked around for hours, till we dropped and had a couple of ice cold beers to cool off
TaELcJMwNlILuCWgpYPc.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We stayed in several studios and flats and explored the surrounding areas, most of the places we stayed in had roof terraces for watching the sun go down with a glass of wine or liqueur [/FONT]
afZxIhAu0bAPKWPxagZM.gif

[FONT=&quot]Here are a few pics of the "Valley of the Temples" which is an amazing place, with a lot of walking in the blazing sun.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
DSCF4735.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
DSCF4737.jpg

DSCF4738.jpg

DSCF4800.jpg

DSCF4746.jpg

DSCF4655.jpg

DSCF4801.jpg

​[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A welcome cool beer to refresh ourselves[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
DSCF4817.jpg

​[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Another big attraction is Mount Etna where we spent half a day walking around the foothills and collapsed cones.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
DSCF4436.jpg

DSCF4439.jpg

DSCF4446.jpg

DSCF4428.jpg

​[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][FONT=&quot]...and of course even here a bride would appear
dhUOuPYZcZvGXGxpJZZV.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

DSCF4449_1.jpg

DSCF4468.jpg

DSCF4476.jpg

[/FONT]

Blimey Merlin...A Month to drive around Sicily ???.... were you driving backwards... :playful: :rofl: even stopping at every tourist spot would take 2 weeks max before you'd seen everything!!

Vacation Re-runs!:cool: What a treat! Thanks, Merlin....here's a video that I found. "Houses are closer than they appear!":eek:nthego:

Blimey Merlin...A Month to drive around Sicily ???.... were you driving backwards... :playful: :rofl: even stopping at every tourist spot would take 2 weeks max before you'd seen everything!!
We went to the islands as well and there are a lot of abandoned towns and historic remains we didn't get to, we never rush around the tourist spots, plus Lisa likes a week or more just swimming in the sea, I am too old for dashing around these days anyway :eek:ld: I like to live in a place for a while and soak up the atmosphere.

Vacation Re-runs!:cool: What a treat! Thanks, Merlin....here's a video that I found. "Houses are closer than they appear!":eek:nthego:

Thanks for the video Meander, yes I did end up in a very narrow street once, full of restaurant tables, so turned round and tried another way. Though the Sicilians have a reputation for crazy driving, I found them courteous and generally careful drivers, the roads are good and they have Motorways/Freeways which help you get around.

One day all I will be able to manage is vacation re-runs
pMPbxdHNxXqewDpGgFIJ.gif

Last edited:
We stayed in some lovely places usually on the top floor overlooking the narrow streets below, driving and parking the car for the night in these ancient streets was a challenge
pMPbxdHNxXqewDpGgFIJ.gif

Here is the local morning fruit and veg delivery ...

DSCF4854.jpg

DSCF4890.jpg

DSCF4788.jpg

DSCN4377.jpg

Some places even bought you a breakfast in the morning

DSCF4784.jpg

DSCF4860.jpg

Lots of sunsets and dinners by the sea

DSCF4831.jpg

DSCF4856.jpg

DSCF4880.jpg

DSCF4829.jpg