A place to post short videos of places you have visited (they don’t have to be your videos)

Magna-Carta

Chatsworth House in the Peak District National Park. Home (seat) of the Duke of Devonshire.

I’ve been here many times, as it’s not too far from where I live. Some of you might recognise it from the 2005 movie, Pride & Prejudice. The garden & parts of the house are open to the public.

The large structure you see at 1:50 used to be the horse stables. They are now shops & restaurants.

This video was posted on FB. It features one of the ships I sailed on and a harbor where we frequently provided Tender avail to destroyers. This was Kaioshung, Taiwan in 1967. I was there when this was taken. The Lead in shows individual shots of the destroyers and the Piedmont. The other ship is USS Zelima which is the ship the narrator was on.

Last edited:
I went to Manhattan several years ago and while there visited the public library — one of the highlights of the trip. I've always been into architecture and had actually planned on becoming an architect when I was a young man in high school. I took a drafting class and in it I designed my dream home. My career as an architect never came to fruition, but I still love to explore great architecture and it doesn't get much better than the New York Public Library.

Here's an interesting video about it:

Back