A request, please.

I don't see why we can't just be allowed to post stuff for them anyway without all that. They may be dead but some of them still live within us. Why can't we just respect this as it is and let people post to them if they want to. Who knows? Maybe they'll see it. 😁

I react to SifuPhil's posts because they're hilarious. He may be dead but he's still contributing to this forum as far as I'm concerned.

Update: Tish. Matrix and myself plan on working on changing the title of deceased members to reflect they are gone when members check their profiles.

It won't happen overnight, but changes will be made as time permits.
I did that a couple of times in the past on their user titles, here's one example I remember. But like Ruthanne said, there's no way to know which members are deceased unless we're told. Many members on forums just get busy, lose interest or have other issues and stop posting. I don't like the idea of deleting all their posts, they were an important part of the community and it's nice to see their messages and interactions.

When I see it's someone's birthday that hasn't been active in years, I just ignore it. Thanks for looking into this Aunt Marg, it can be upsetting to wish someone a happy birthday and find they have passed on. I don't remember hearing that anything bad happened to Toomuchstuff, RIP. :(

AZ Jim

With Us Now In Spirit Only, R.I.P​

I did that a couple of times in the past on their user titles, here's one example I remember. But like Ruthanne said, there's no way to know which members are deceased unless we're told. Many members on forums just get busy, lose interest or have other issues and stop posting. I don't like the idea of deleting all their posts, they were an important part of the community and it's nice to see their messages and interactions.

When I see it's someone's birthday that hasn't been active in years, I just ignore it. Thanks for looking into this Aunt Marg, it can be upsetting to wish someone a happy birthday and find they have passed on. I don't remember hearing that anything bad happened to Toomuchstuff, RIP. :(

AZ Jim

With Us Now In Spirit Only, R.I.P​

Quite often I delve into old thread topics and come across names I'm not familiar with, and hovering the cursor over the usernames rewards me with the last time they visited the forum, and many have been gone for so long.

Only through chance do I learn that so-and-so has passed away, but as for the rest there's no knowing, but hopefully through today's current members relaying such info to others, a simple addition can be added to those where it's been established that are indeed gone.

Thank you for your post, SeaBreeze, and so nice to know you appreciate the effort that's extended behind the scenes on a day-to-day basis, then again, you know this side very well, so I wouldn't expect anything less from you. :love:

I don't see why we can't just be allowed to post stuff for them anyway without all that. They may be dead but some of them still live within us. Why can't we just respect this as it is and let people post to them if they want to. Who knows? Maybe they'll see it. 😁

I react to SifuPhil's posts because they're hilarious. He may be dead but he's still contributing to this forum as far as I'm concerned.
Speaking as one who spent quite a bit of time one reading old threads, I discovered some wonderful things and ended up recognizing that I missed out by not finding SF earlier. I agree that it would be good to know if they were no longer with us, but please don’t delete those old threads.I felt like I was in the best part of an old library. I felt a sense of longing that was very real.

Speaking as one who spent quite a bit of time one reading old threads, I discovered some wonderful things and ended up recognizing that I missed out by not finding SF earlier. I agree that it would be good to know if they were no longer with us, but please don’t delete those old threads.I felt like I was in the best part of an old library. I felt a sense of longing that was very real.
No worries over the possibility of deleting old threads, Pecos, Matrix and I have already discussed that, as we feel the same way.

I love the way you see past threads as an old library of sorts, and I couldn't agree more with you. I also see it as being the same.

There's a treasure trove of lost goodies for the taking, so long as members are interested in scouring the many pages to find what they're looking for, or if you're like me, just for the sake of being surprised by old topics that jump out at you, something you relate to or hold close to your heart.

Such a wonderful walk down memory lane it is. :)

Back