A Scary Fact About The Upcoming Mission To Mars

fmdog44

I just read a fact about the mission to Mars I did not know. Due to I assume the alignment of the planets once the astronauts arrive after seven months of travel they MUST remain there for two years before attempting to return. This scares me more than any horror story ever written. I have always backed the space exploration program but I cannot understand the timing of this. How can anyone ask someone to endure such a mission? Seven months to Mars. Two years on Mars and seven months returning to Earth. Recall the nervous tension of former missions way back when. This redefines the word "alone".

Anyone that goes has the ''pioneer spirit'' and should know that he may perish. There's no room in such missions for pessimists or cowards. I'm sure everything known to men will be used to help them survive, but there WILL be casualties. This will be infinitely more technical, but what about when Columbus took off to find "India" and most of the world thought the Earth was flat and the ship would fall off the edge? It's courageous people like that that advance the human race, otherwise we would still be living in caves. Hope I'm still around when the Mars mission happens so I can be part of history. 😺 😺

there is nothing in our solar system that we could ship back to earth, making it economically feasible for 100-200 years,
Who knows what will occur here on earth in the next decade?
I do not understand. . a

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. First, permanent colonies on the moon. See how it goes there a couple generations, then try rocketing a few of those people to Mars.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. First, permanent colonies on the moon. See how it goes there a couple generations, then try rocketing a few of those people to Mars.
The logical solution of course, I don't know why they are aiming for Mars. They have found traces of water in Mars, maybe they can find it underground. All I've heard is that they hope to mine the moon, so I suppose they WILL have to have living quarters for the workers and staff. Living on Mars is Elon Musk's main dream, hope he makes it come true. We should all have dreams.

my self I think it would drive you a little crazy' expect all will be rigged up to see familys via '

if not it will cause a great deal of anxiety I reckon ' makes you really wonder why they need to be there
as if our own world isn't enough ' do they hope to find gold in some form or oil ect---

the actual trip alone will be horrific -its not a day out train ride here !
well your gonna need a very big rocket to carry people in time and then
all that food and water onboard mind blowing i say ''' and what they gonna do
these trippers wear a pioneer suit as well - lets see what happens to the unmanned mission.

progress not sure to be honest =

What 'upcoming' mission to Mars? There is an unmanned mission this year, but there is only hope that a manned mission might happen in the 2030's. It is true that this unmanned mission will happen in the summer due to advantageous alignment of the planets using less fuel to get there.
Mars 2020 rover - Overview - NASA Mars
That has no bearing on the time to get there issue. You do know astronaut training for the mission is ongoing? The Mars Rover is a robot like the two previous robots.

Last edited:
That's storybook for the future not what is on paper for the real ongoing present day work. The Moon will be used because of the difference in gravity allowing much larger payloads to Mars inhabitants in the future. None of us will be around to witness.

In the longer range, it's not so much about being first, or about money being better spent here and now. It's not about us, nor the here and now. It's only about the future.

If we can't clean up this mess we've made of the planet or stop fighting each other,
we'll need to colonize a planet somewhere else. Somewhere to live or somewhere to put our garbage. It's hard to think that far ahead, but someday, something's gotta give.

IMO, anyway.

In the longer range, it's not so much about being first, or about money being better spent here and now. It's not about us, nor the here and now. It's only about the future.

If we can't clean up this mess we've made of the planet or stop fighting each other,
we'll need to colonize a planet somewhere else. Somewhere to live or somewhere to put our garbage. It's hard to think that far ahead, but someday, something's gotta give.

IMO, anyway.

The sad truth, IMO, is that we will take all of our baggage (grabage) with us. We should be able to really ruin another planet very quickly.

24642t.jpg

Back