A smile, eye contact and share a meal

Who else out there has bought the turkey and looked around to find no one to cook it for?

I am in early 70s, have raised my two sons. Covid and life strains have torn my family apart. One son is anti vaccine. I have had my shots. He is afraid whatever sheds off the vaccine will make him sick so won’t be around me. The other lives a distance away with his wife’s extended family. I visit when I can.

i have had a circle of friends and dated for a couple years but all unravelled In the last months. Friends have died and moved away.

I have tried the dating sites but find people with different motives.

Loneliness sits like a big black crow on my picnic table these days.

Hey Sunshine, welcome!
Who else out there has bought the turkey and looked around to find no one to cook it for?
Well, not exactly a turkey, but I know the feeling. I have lots of nice bbq equipment and am finding fewer opportunities to use it. Perhaps we both need to look around for a wider circle of friends.

My grandfather, who lived to within days of his 100th birthday, always used to tell me that if I planned to live as long as he I should make a real effort to find younger friends. When he told me I paid little attention, now I am beginning to better understand his wisdom.

This is exactly the kind of thing folks here like to talk about, and often have good ideas.

Hi Sunshine, from London England..... be lonely no more now you're with us. (y) Nice to meet you. ..please feel free to join in anywhere that takes your fancy and if you get stuck with anything at all , for example how to stop mails from the forum filling your inbox..please give a shout...

welcome5.gif

Sunshine.
Is there a church or place where old folks meet once a week to play bingo & cards? we have several churches & places here that cook big meals just for older only people that have lost their spouses. I went to one last Thanksgiving at a church. The food was great & the conversation was also great. I also go to play bingo sometimes just to have people to talk with.

I met one older couple that we are going out to eat at different restaurants once a week just to ratchet jaw & have a good meal & talk of old times & what this world is going to. we can't change it but we sure have good intentions.

Welcome Rosie.jpg

Hello and welcome Sunshine.

been raining a lot here, but, guess what, the sun has come out, 'Sunshine on a cloudy day' you might say.
Well if it's you outside my window, I'll pass you a cup of tea, I drink mine from a bucket, some folks say I'm addicted to it, but that is complete nonsense, I only have 6 buckets a day.

Have a romp around and enjoy yourself, oh, and did you bring any biscuits? :)

Welcome aboard, Sunshine, from rural Kentucky...

SF is a friendly and active forum with members from all around the globe.

Post and participate. Search the achieved threads. You sure to find others with common interests.

You didn't mention where your from?

Here's hopin' that I'll see you around real soon...

Last edited:

I am in early 70s, have raised my two sons. Covid and life strains have torn my family apart. One son is anti vaccine. I have had my shots. He is afraid whatever sheds off the vaccine will make him sick so won’t be around me. The other lives a distance away with his wife’s extended family. I visit when I can.

i have had a circle of friends and dated for a couple years but all unravelled In the last months. Friends have died and moved away.

I have tried the dating sites but find people with different motives.

Loneliness sits like a big black crow on my picnic table these days.
That is indeed a sad tale. If you are still active I would suggest that you join in a group of whatever it is that floats your boat. My wife and I are ballroom dancers, we also have learned a repertoire of offbeat dances like, lambada and Argentine tango.

For many the ice breaker are your children, and at our age, grandchildren. We don't have any children but we still manage to have a wonderful circle of good friends, all of whom have the same penchant of dance that we do. How blessed we are to enjoy such like minded company.

How I love the interaction on this forum but having said that, you can't beat having wonderful friends. I do hope that you find a way to beat your loneliness.
old photos 416.JPGold photos 447.JPGold photos 453.JPG

Welcome, Sunshine! We're glad you found us, and I hope that spending some time with us, as frequently as you'd like, might help and improve your days!
🌧️🌧️🌦️☀️🌈
You are a good writer, and seem like a very creative, interesting and likeable person. Join in with any conversations that interest you, here at SF. :)

That is indeed a sad tale. If you are still active I would suggest that you join in a group of whatever it is that floats your boat. My wife and I are ballroom dancers, we also have learned a repertoire of offbeat dances like, lambada and Argentine tango.

For many the ice breaker are your children, and at our age, grandchildren. We don't have any children but we still manage to have a wonderful circle of good friends, all of whom have the same penchant of dance that we do. How blessed we are to enjoy such like minded company.

How I love the interaction on this forum but having said that, you can't beat having wonderful friends. I do hope that you find a way to beat your loneliness.
View attachment 188125View attachment 188126View attachment 188127
This looks like fun. Went to a seniors dance in the summer. It was held outside because of covid So no more. It is too cool to be outside and covid has shut down the inside dances. Was a hoot. Will go if/when they start up again. They were patient with me As I am not a great dancer.

Post and participate. Search the achieved threads. You sure to find others with common interests.

Thanks for the welcome. I am from Nanaimo BC Canada. It is on Vancouver Island just off the lower coast of BC

Welcome, Sunshine! We're glad you found us, and I hope that spending some time with us, as frequently as you'd like, might help and improve your days!
🌧️🌧️🌦️☀️🌈
You are a good writer, and seem like a very creative, interesting and likeable person. Join in with any conversations that interest you, here at SF. :)
Thank you. Hope to see you around.

I like your quote about curiosity.

Back