A statue named Beautiful Jane

Pappy

Living the Dream
A little before my time, this horse watering statue stood at the crossing of our four main streets. The streets were mostly still dirt back then and the horse and buggy were the main mode of transportation. I understand that Beautiful Jane was later melted down and use in the war effort. I wish I could have seen her in all her glory, before she was turned into bullets or something.

5999CE31-B485-4B0A-8C93-C28E1D571866.jpeg

That breaks my heart. She really is beautiful. I'm sorry you lost 25% of your roof during the storm, Pappy. Dorian? Did any rain get inside? I like your avatar with your foot up on the runner of that old car...cool.

That breaks my heart. She really is beautiful. I'm sorry you lost 25% of your roof during the storm, Pappy. Dorian? Did any rain get inside? I like your avatar with your foot up on the runner of that old car...cool.
I lost 25% of my roof during the storm.
oof

@
Lara I think that pappy was making a joke... With the "R" gone it means 25% is gone..

sorry Lara, that’s my signature about the roof. I don’t know how it even got posted. That was my very first car, a 37 Buick. .

Back