A unique Father's day gift

Grampa Don

One of my sons gave me this, a Bug-a-salt gun. I was surprised.

You cock it like a BB gun and it shoots a pinch of table salt. Its effective range is about 3 feet with a spread of about 3 inches and it's supposed to be deadly against flies. Now if I can only find some slow moving flies to try it on.

Don

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Neat Don, I can use one of those in my house. Let us know how it works! :D We bought a tiny cheap bug zapper years ago, you pulled the trigger and a small plastic disc on a string shot out to kill flies. My husband got a couple, but it was hard to use, string was really too short, they saw it coming.

Grampa Don

Original Poster
SeaBreeze - I had one of those years ago. I think I killed a few flies with it, but you had to sneak up on them. A regular fly swatter worked just as well. If I get any with the new gun, I'm going to mount their little heads over my workbench as trophies. I'll keep you posted.

Don

Ken N Tx

Older than Dirt !
I killed 1 male and 2 female flies!! The male was on a beer and the females where on the phone..

HazyDavey

Do not place near heat or open flame.
I gave my brother a Bug-A-Salt for Christmas a few years ago. I think he's still trying to sight it in.. :)
He keeps it handy right next to his favorite chair.

Have fun Grampa Don!

The battery powered electric tennis racket is what we have now..

Grampa Don

Original Poster
HazyDavey -- I have one of those electric tennis rackets. It was on sale at Harbor Freight for a couple bucks. I bought it as a joke, but it really is handy. Works great for wasps too.

Don

Bonnie

.. and Lil'Bear
That tennis racket looks like it would be great on my patio after a rainstorm!