A very memorable Labor Day weekend

Ruth n Jersey

My daughter and family came for a visit over the Labor Day weekend. The weather was beautiful. We haven't had company for many weeks so it was extra special. Saturday we went for a hike on a nearby trail.
We had our masks with us but they weren't needed, people were few and far between which was a relief for me because I have trouble breathing through them.
The grand kids are doing well being home schooled and are enjoying the flexibility. Their school system is such a mess they certainly are better off.
We ate our meals on our porch and I finally picked and cut the watermelon I grew. The kids held their breath as I sliced it because they knew Oma was going to have a fit if it wasn't ripe.
It was perfect,very juicy and sweet. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend.
I hope you had a nice holiday weekend also.hiking on tral 3.jpgHiking.jpg

So glad you had your family @Ruth n Jersey . Those boys are handsome and I liked seeing your woods. Good to be outside and yes, it was a nice weekend weather wise in CT too.

I never grew a watermelon, (nor any food except tomatoes and green beans). Flowers; plenty! What a thrill to pick and serve your own watermelon and I bet is was fabulous.

Since I have your attention, I want to tell you I grew another "dish" celery. It only goes so far, which isn't much, but I got a goodly mince out of the tiny stalks and leaves for my shrimp salad!

Back