A winnable fight.

Ronni

The motormouth ;)
This quote was taken from a NY times article about what David Leonhardt, who writes The Morning newsletter, saw recently when he took a road trip across the country to help his mother get vaccinated. He said that almost everywhere he stopped — including gas stations, rest stops and hotels in half a dozen states — people ignored mask restrictions.

“I came home from my trip shaken by what I had seen,” he wrote. “I feel like I just drove across a country that is losing a winnable fight.”

Losing a winnable fight....wow. 😞

I know not everyone is down with mask wearing but damn!! Over 400,000 people dead from Covid in the US, and over 2 million dead worldwide! 😱 These numbers could so easily include one of my kids or grands, one of my Aussie or European friends, my husband.....or me. One of my sons and one of my grands has already had Covid (and I’m crying as I write that) but they recovered, and my relief at that continues to be enormous!

Who’s next? I hope and pray it’s not any of my loved ones, but still, we’re losing this “winnable fight” right now. I can’t win the fight alone. Neither can you. Please, PLEASE, help win the fight. Wear your mask. Wash your hands. Social distance.

Principles be damned. Your life, and mine, and those of our loved ones, is worth SO MUCH MORE than just our principles. 🥺❤️

Today, I was informed that in our condo building, we have our first case of a person testing positive for COVID-19. From what I understand, she is not showing symptoms. It will be interesting to watch how this progresses moving forward, whether the whole building eventually gets it or this person quarantines. As I understand it, she intends to quarantine. However, I don't know how many people she has had direct contact with and how many of them have had contact with still others, and on and on it goes.

There are 72 units in our building and around 150 people, so this could be interesting.

Tony

I just read this too....what a wake up call for many to read, and the rest of us not so surprised but still saddened by our state of affairs in this country :(

I believe it's doable if people would comply. But God forbid they should have to experience any discomfort or change in schedule. I can understand waiting for the vaccine but if you don't have a lot of medical conditions or medication allergies I see no reason why anyone should have to be more afraid of that than the COVID itself. Some health conditions yes. But people just can't abide by anything.

If they can't be trusted to use a turn signal then there's no reason to expect them to be trusted with such a heavy burden as helping others to survive this thing. It's a shame honestly.

Back