Acorn squash with stuffed corn.

Camper6

Another easy recipe.

All kinds of squash are coming in now with the fall harvest and corn as well.

So I decided to make a half of an acorn squash and stuff it with fresh corn on the cob stripped and cooked

Cut the Acorn squash in half. Take out the seeds.

Cut a slice off the bottom so that it will sit upright in the microwave.

Place it face down in the microwave and cook it for 5 minutes on high.

Then reverse it face side up and fill the cavity with butter corn and brown sugar.

Put it back into the microwave and cover it and cook it for 2 minutes on high.

Be careful. It stays hot for quite a while. Let it cool. This makes a whole meal for me.

squash.jpg

It’s good that you eat very well Camper. I really love squash myself but I always prefer cooking my in a conventional oven.
Theres something truly sacred about cooking autumn squash in the oven. The smell lingers throughout the house. When it’s fully cooked I add a blob of fresh butter and touch of pumpkin pie spices and it’s like heaven.

Yep! There’s something about this time of year.
It does look good though.

It’s good that you eat very well Camper. I really love squash myself but I always prefer cooking my in a conventional oven.
Theres something truly sacred about cooking autumn squash in the oven. The smell lingers throughout the house. When it’s fully cooked I add a blob of fresh butter and touch of pumpkin pie spices and it’s like heaven.

Yep! There’s something about this time of year.
It does look good though.

Pumpkin is next on the menu. I love pumpkin as well. The spices make the pumpkin.

My mother grew pumpkins. She used to take the flowers and batter them and fry them. Were they every delicious.

I haven't tried it in the oven because my stove oven is on the fritz. I have a toaster oven for small stuff. But you are right about the smell throughout the house.

I think it's a shame that they throw thousands of pumpkins into the landfill after Halloween.

Get a plastic one. Eat the pumpkin.

Back