Adjustable Base for Beds

J-Kat

Anyone have an adjustable base for your bed? My gastroenterologist suggested I raise the head of my bed by six inches (put bricks or stack of boards under legs of bed) but my bed, mainly my mattress, is too heavy for me to do that easily. I tried a wedge pillow but found it to be so uncomfortable I couldn't get to sleep. I was wondering if an adjustable base would be a better, albeit more expensive, solution? Any pros or cons?

Rose57

There are most likely places that sell used adjustable beds or just adjustable bed frames. of course you would probably want a new mattress.
Have you considered having someone help you put wedges under your mattress between the box springs, you might need them for the foot as well unless you have a brace at the end of your bed frame.

Pecos

Anyone have an adjustable base for your bed? My gastroenterologist suggested I raise the head of my bed by six inches (put bricks or stack of boards under legs of bed) but my bed, mainly my mattress, is too heavy for me to do that easily. I tried a wedge pillow but found it to be so uncomfortable I couldn't get to sleep. I was wondering if an adjustable base would be a better, albeit more expensive, solution? Any pros or cons?
The way that I have done this is to first get a helper, then get a length of 2 X 4 lumber to use as a lever. Slide the mattress down over the foot of the bed to decrease the weight at the head of the bed. Use the 2 X 4 as a lever to pry up one side of the bed up while your helper slides the brick under the foot that you want to raise. After placing bricks on both sides, slide the mattress back into place.

Then have a cold beer with your helper.

Lizzie00

šŸ˜Ž
Iā€™m about 7 months in to a new mattress with adjustable base and really really like it....for me, itā€˜s a whole new level of comfort & thatā€™s no exaggeration. I got 17 years out of my previous mattress so am optimistic that iā€™ll get about that long out of the new one along with the adjustable base....after running the numbers, thatā€™s only pennies per day. So i said what the hey and made the purchase...no regrets to date.