Advantage To Washing & Drying Clothes Inside Out?

WhatInThe

I prefer to wash and dry clothes inside out. Especially if no obvious stains, spots etc because it's the inside that will closest to your body. Especially with socks. If one has athletes foot or fungus it might pay to wash inside out. And dry. Most the wearing from heat should occur on the inside.

I think the 'inside' of any clothing does not get the same cleansing effect as with full contact/exposure to water soap and agitator blades, Am I wrong?

I think that's more pertinent to darker fabrics which will keep them from fading faster. Or embroidered fabrics. I know some tags on my clothing has given that instruction.

I agree with Camper the water and soap gets to the inside of the fabric whether it's inside out or not, I wash my laundry either way, depending on how the article ends up in the hamper.

I think that's more pertinent to darker fabrics which will keep them from fading faster. Or embroidered fabrics. I know some tags on my clothing has given that instruction.
I can agree embroidered fabrics should be pampered.

Mist of our clothes wear out from washing not wearing.

When I clean out the lint in the dryer filter it's a wonder their are any clothes left.

Fading is something unavoidable . The dyes don't last forever from sun and washing.

Black or dark clothes are prone to showing lint from some other lighter "shedding" fabric in the same load...like a new blanket or sweater. If I suspect that might happen and want to avoid having to use a lint roller after drying clothes then I'll turn some inside out on purpose (or just wash separately if I have the time)

I follow the manufacturer's laundering instructions. Typically items with embellishment or some delicate fabrics need to be turned inside out, washed on delicate cycle, etc. For most things, it's toss 'em in and go.

This is exactly what I do also.
Black or dark clothes are prone to showing lint from some other lighter "shedding" fabric in the same load...like a new blanket or sweater. If I suspect that might happen and want to avoid having to use a lint roller after drying clothes then I'll turn some inside out on purpose (or just wash separately if I have the time)

I'm and inside outer. I thought it reduced wear and pilling? Also they are usually already inside out when removed so . . maybe I'm just lazy. Yes that's it.:shame:

Back