Advice on dentures needed

56Boomer

I'm at the point in my life where my teeth are beyond repair and I have decided to get dentures. I do not have dental insurance so all costs will be out of pocket. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

I am still in the process of this teeth extraction business. I was able to get help for this through medicaid. The problem was they did not approve all my teeth extracted even though they should have been. I think it was a mistake on the part of the dentist. First they said not all teeth, sent a letter saying that. Then they sent another one saying all. But the dentist must not have seen that one. So I do not have full denture plates. The kind with wires and I hate them.

Now I have to go back and get the rest taken care of. If I had it to do over again, I think I would have had only 1 or 2 taken out at a time. This dentist did not put me under to wake up and have them all out. No, I had to be awake and get shots and it was not easy for me.

There is type of credit that some medical and vet services use for anyone who cannot pay outright. I think it is called Care or something like that. It is like using a credit card but probably has high interest rates. Sorry I don't know any more.

I am still in the process of this teeth extraction business. I was able to get help for this through medicaid. The problem was they did not approve all my teeth extracted even though they should have been. I think it was a mistake on the part of the dentist. First they said not all teeth, sent a letter saying that. Then they sent another one saying all. But the dentist must not have seen that one. So I do not have full denture plates. The kind with wires and I hate them.

Now I have to go back and get the rest taken care of. If I had it to do over again, I think I would have had only 1 or 2 taken out at a time. This dentist did not put me under to wake up and have them all out. No, I had to be awake and get shots and it was not easy for me.

There is type of credit that some medical and vet services use for anyone who cannot pay outright. I think it is called Care or something like that. It is like using a credit card but probably has high interest rates. Sorry I don't know any more.

Thank you Katlupe. I am determined to not have any natural teeth left in my mouth. I am not yet on Medicare, and I don't believe that they pay for anything regardless. My expenses will be 100% out of pocket. My teeth give me problems all of the time, can't wait to be pain-free. Sorry you're having so many issues, hope things work out for you.

Thank you Katlupe. I am determined to not have any natural teeth left in my mouth. I am not yet on Medicare, and I don't believe that they pay for anything regardless. My expenses will be 100% out of pocket. My teeth give me problems all of the time, can't wait to be pain-free. Sorry you're having so many issues, hope things work out for you.
I am adjusting to it for now. But will be getting more work done. No, Medicare would not pay for this.

Start doing your homework.

Check to see if a stand-alone dental insurance plan is available in your area and find out what it covers.

Schedule one or two free evaluations with local dentists to come up with a plan and understand the costs, financing options, etc...

“Plan your work and work your plan.” — Napoleon Hill

Any dental schools around you that may take you on as a patient for their students to train on?

Good luck!!!!!
I have 2 sets,Medicaid paid for the first, I paid out of pocket for the second, neither one of them fit correctly.
My advice would be checkout implants.

Back