After a cool spring so far - the heat is on

I can't adjust so fast. It's been pretty much in the 50s day to day here for the last several weeks, now temps predicted to be neat or at 90F (32 C) in a few days. It was so close this morning in my house when I woke up, I put a fan in the window. It helped a little. It rained last light which adds to the mugginess.

temp.jpg

I'm with you on the whole acclimatize thing.

Thankfully, we have central-air in our home, and for me that makes all the difference in the world when it comes to surviving those hot and muggy days, and getting a proper nights sleep.

I remember years ago, when dear husband and I were first starting out, we'd put big box fans in the windows to help provide us with a little reprieve.

I haven't needed my furnace for a week maybe.

I should add that I can't do the whole open windows thing because of allergies and my lungs. So, I bounce back and forth when the seasons change.

Winter held on a long time in my area; there were actually snow showers in May, the first time in my life that I can remember that. The high heat and accompanying humidity later arrived rather abruptly in the month, and so was a shock to the system. I think that the body acclimatizes gradually, and so when weather changes suddenly and dramatically, it can really throw you for a loop...

We've been hot here now for weeks.... since early April in fact.. . I have floor standing oscillating tower fans but no AC like I have in Spain, and it's horrendous trying to sleep at night. I can't remember the last time I slept all night...

We're finally starting to see more seasonal temps here this week Deb so, I doubt I'll need the furnace anymore. Hope things get better there for you guys. I had a friend who lived in Hartsdale. I never hear from him so, not sure how things are going there weatherwise.

It's a mixed bag here. I've run the AC some, just opened the door on most days, and ran the heat when it was chilly. It doesn't get really warm on a steady basis until later in June. I just listen to the weather broadcasts and adjust.

Back