Alec Baldwin Will Likely Be Charged

win231

SF VIP
FBI testing of the gun used in the fatal shooting on the movie set of "Rust" found that the weapon handled by actor Alec Baldwin could not be fired without pulling the trigger while the gun was cocked, according to a newly released forensics report.
Baldwin had the gun while rehearsing a scene of the Western film at the Bonanza Creek Ranch in New Mexico in October when a shot fired, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza.
In December, Baldwin told ABC News he never pulled the trigger of the gun that shot Hutchins. "The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger," Baldwin said.

People lie. Guns don't.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/14/entertainment/rust-shooting-gun-trigger/index.html

i can totally see it if he accidentally shot someone but i've never seen a gun go off without the trigger being pulled. do they make guns that go off by themselves? :LOL:

Hopefully some kind of justice is done. At a minimum he is guilty of gross negligence, he needs to pay the price.

Can't think of a better example to set. It should make guns and gun handlers a bit safer.
it won't... According to an estimate by the Associated Press (AP), there have been 43 fatalities on American film sets since 1990, with another 150 actors or crew members left with life-altering injuries as a result of accidents, often the result of botched stunts staged on location.

No lessons have EVER been learned :confused:

it won't... According to an estimate by the Associated Press (AP), there have been 43 fatalities on American film sets since 1990, with another 150 actors or crew members left with life-altering injuries as a result of accidents, often the result of botched stunts staged on location.

No lessons have EVER been learned :confused:
They have, though. "Hollywood" stunts have to pass safety inspections every little step of the way before and after a stunt is performed. They used to not even use harnesses. Post production crews hated them (still do), and some stuntmen didn't like them, but now they have to use harnesses, like it or not. Explosions used to be exactly that; some TNT or C-4, a detonator, and a big boom. Now they're mostly CGI.

Stunts still cause injuries, and like in this case, sometimes death. Stuntmen are very well paid, and they're aware of the risks. In Baldwin's case, though, there should not have been any type of projectile in that gun. That should never have happened. He's not at fault for that...well, unless he didn't like her, or whatever, and paid someone to put a live round in it. Movie weapons are supposed to be inspected by 2 or 3 different people before they're handed to an actor. Clearly, the last person to check it before handing it to Baldwin is at fault.

They have, though. "Hollywood" stunts have to pass safety inspections every little step of the way before and after a stunt is performed. They used to not even use harnesses. Post production crews hated them (still do), and some stuntmen didn't like them, but now they have to use harnesses, like it or not. Explosions used to be exactly that; some TNT or C-4, a detonator, and a big boom. Now they're mostly CGI.

Stunts still cause injuries, and like in this case, sometimes death. Stuntmen are very well paid, and they're aware of the risks. In Baldwin's case, though, there should not have been any type of projectile in that gun. That should never have happened. He's not at fault for that...well, unless he didn't like her, or whatever, and paid someone to put a live round in it. Movie weapons are supposed to be inspected by 2 or 3 different people before they're handed to an actor. Clearly, the last person to check it before handing it to Baldwin is at fault.
Frank you don't have to tell me.. a person who has worked in TV & Film.. and whose husband still does.. anything at all about Rules and Regs, regarding stuntmen.. really!! My point is that despite all that's happened , it's STILL happening... and it will continue to happen..

Frank you don't have to tell me.. a person who has worked in TV & Film.. and whose husband still does.. anything at all about Rules and Regs, regarding stuntmen.. really!! My point is that despite all that's happened , it's STILL happening... and it will continue to happen..
Something in common (sort of)! I moved vehicles for a few film studios one summer. I got to go to a lot of shooting locations. It was a lot of fun! Ooo! I moved vehicles for the downtown LA filming of the first Spiderman movie.

Except for that one elementary rule: "Never point a gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy."
Baldwin not only pointed the gun at her, he cocked it & pulled the trigger.

Something in common (sort of)! I moved vehicles for a few film studios one summer. I got to go to a lot of shooting locations. It was a lot of fun! Ooo! I moved vehicles for the downtown LA filming of the first Spiderman movie.

I would have paid the production company to move the getaway car in Heat.

Except for that one elementary rule: "Never point a gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy."
Baldwin not only pointed the gun at her, he cocked it & pulled the trigger.
True, but for all intents and purposes that gun was a toy. Sure it went bang, made smoke, and probably kicked a bit, but as far as Baldwin knew it was just a prop. Someone was responsible for ensuring it was nothing more than that, and that someone wasn't Baldwin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Alec Baldwin. He strikes me as an unscrupulous narcissist. But he's an actor. Narcissism is a job requirement, and a lack of scruples practically guarantees an actor's success.

Last edited:
True, but for all intents and purposes that gun was a toy. Sure it went bang, made smoke, and probably kicked a bit, but as far as Baldwin knew it was just a prop. Someone was responsible for ensuring it was nothing more than that, and that someone wasn't Baldwin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Alec Baldwin. He strikes me as an unscrupulous narcissist. But he's an actor. Narcissism is a job requirement, and a lack of scruples practically guarantees an actor's success.
yep... that's true in part, but no seasoned actor would ever point a gun and pull the trigger at anyone, even knowing it was a prop .. before ensuring that the gun was not loaded..

I was taught at a very early age not to point any gun, even if I thought it was a toy, at anyone. He was responsible!
I disagree. Do not point a toy gun? Really? I pointed them at my friends and they pointed theirs at me, all of us completely confident that nobody was gonna die or even be injured. Unless Baldwin planned a murder, he was equally confident that everyone around him would go home safely that day.

Someone is responsible, but it isn't Baldwin.

I disagree. Do not point a toy gun? Really? I pointed them at my friends and they pointed theirs at me, all of us completely confident that nobody was gonna die or even be injured. Unless Baldwin planned a murder, he was equally confident that everyone around him would go home safely that day.

Someone is responsible, but it isn't Baldwin.
Just a FYI. It was not a toy gun. It was a real gun - as used in movies. (Pietta .45 Colt, made by Century Arms)

I disagree. Do not point a toy gun? Really?
I guess I overstated. What I should have said was anything that looked like a real gun. We were allowed to play with squirt guns, rubber band guns and the like. But if we were ever seen pointing a bb gun or anything that looked like it could be real at someone we were in trouble.

Baldwin's gun obviously looked real.

Just a FYI. It was not a toy gun. It was a real gun - as used in movies. (Pietta .45 Colt, made by Century Arms)
I know. I said "for all intents and purposes"...like, from Baldwin's perspective, it may as well have been a toy. It's quite reasonable for him to assume it had been through all the checks and inspections every movie set requires, rendering it as innocuous as a toy.

Back