All That Jazz. Lets Hear Your Favorite Jazz Songs

That is a GREAT song and I was compelled to download the entire album as every song on it was good.
It is easy for me to understand your grief over not being able to meet him.

I am often puzzled by why I have never heard of so many of these wonderful musicians that you have brought to our attention. I am completely ignorant about how a musician breaks out of the pack and gets the attention they deserve. I will include your superb music in this same category. In contrast, so much of the music that does become popular is simply trash in my humble opinion.

I suppose that this is the same kind of barrier that writers and artists face.
Thank you so much again for your kind words about my music Pecos! :love: Jazz musicians do not get the recognition they deserve in this country. Many have gone abroad where they seem to be much more appreciated. I get really aggravted every time I see a news report that some obscure rock musician has died. I did not see reports of Joe Sample's death, nor Ronny's nor Donald Byrd. All were well known in the world of Jazz and were major influences. Ronny Jordan was British. He also performed on the LP Jazzmatazz, a fusion of Hip Hop and Jazz.

When I first saw this video, I was fascinated. Love the song and bought the album. Ronny Jordan is mean on guitar and the great Donald Byrd on trumpet. Unfortunately the the rapper Guru, also a strong musical force, passed away at age 48 from cancer. Can't believe he's been gone 10 years! BTW, my husband's friend was heartbroken when Ronny died too. One reason was because our friend said he paid better than anyone else he'd toured with. Check out this HipHop/Jazz fusion.

Last edited:
Whoa...was Luther Vandross one of the co-writers?!! When enlarged the writers appear on screen. Don't know of any other L. Vandrosses in the business. I've always loved this...have the album. Great horns, and there's a "guitar gasm"....great groove.

These were the first songs I ever heard in stereo and I was blown away...pardon the pun. I was about 18. From the soundtrack album What's New Pussycat. Of course I had to buy it.

Stan Kenton Orchestra in 1972. I loved this band and owned most of its LPs. When I lived in Cincinnati (where I was raised) we would go to a ballroom and hear Kenton. All that bass was wonderful. It was so loud and fun that I stood there and watched the band and let the music go right through me. It was exciting.

Peanut Vendor

Back